Paid Marketing & Communications Intern (Starting Summer 2020)
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 159249
Position Title: Contingent
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 31st January 2020
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE UNLESS YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA
- You are studying in the penultimate year of an undergraduate degree
- Available to commence a full-time, 1-year placement in summer 2020
- Available and eligible to work in Guildford, UK, without the need for visa or relocation support.
- Available to attend an all-day assessment in our Guildford office on Wednesday 12th February 2020
To apply: Submit an up-to-date CV along with a cover letter which explains why you want to complete your internship with Electronic Arts and what interests you in this specific placement.
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is difficult. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
A fantastic opportunity, to join an award-winning internship and to gain hands-on experience with the world-leading global interactive entertainment software company. Reporting to the Marketing & Communications team, you will help develop and activate outstanding marketing campaigns, across our several franchises and important partnerships. You will bring enthusiasm, creativity and a point of view on all things relating to marketing and communications and be prepared to step up as an important contributor to the success of the team.
What a Marketing Intern does at EA:
- Support the Marcom Activation Managers in the coordination and planning of our Go-To-Market plans
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions as an equal member of the team
- Invest time in understanding the UK gaming market and its trends
- Help activate marketing, community and comms/PR plans across departments in the build-up to and after new game launches
- Support EA's partnerships within the UK
- Assist the marketing teams with asset coordination ensuring assets are delivered on time and to quality
- Assist the Marcom team with specific and ad-hoc projects/events e.g. press showcase, preview/review events, producer tours, conferences etc.
- Review and approve eCRM before being distributed to our network of players
- Attend UKI marketing meetings, bringing fresh ideas and perspective to team discussions
- Coordinate internal meetings, taking meeting notes/minutes and support on actions
Operations & Reporting
- Purchase Orders and Budget Logs: raising and receipting Purchase Orders with a focus on cost control
- Merchandise – tracking and coordination of game stock and merchandise requests for marketing team
- Work with EA's agencies on campaign performance tracking
Experience we are looking for:
- A keen gamer, with an interest in the entertainment industry
- Intermediate level knowledge of Photoshop
- Understand the UK media landscape with an interest in social media
- Organisational skills, with the ability to manage a dynamic workload
- A team player and strong communicator
- Can handle pressure and calmly navigate around issues
Want to see what our previous interns have worked on...
Check out our Day in the Life of an Intern Campaign on Twitter.
We appreciate the work our Interns provide, so here at EA we like to offer you great facilities while you are working onsite including:
- Free onsite gym.
- Two annual parties (Summer & Christmas).
- Onsite café.
- Our very own barista.
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
- Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Community / Marketing Title: Paid Marketing & Communications Intern (Starting Summer 2020)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-23 10:05:35.133
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.