Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Requisition Number: 159186
Position Title: Experience Designer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA delivers games, content and online services for consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art game engine that powers games such as Madden NFL, EA SPORTS™ FIFA, Battlefield™, Need for Speed™, Dragon Age™, Plants vs. Zombies™ and Anthem™. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming by developing new engine features and tools. Our experienced global team is passionate about pushing the boundaries of game engine technology and working closely with EA studios to ship amazing games.
What does a UX Designer do?
As a UX Designer, you'll report to Frostbite's Director of User Experience. You’ll help make it as easy for game creators to bring their ideas to life by unleashing the power of Frostbite. You’ll do this by engaging Frostbite users to understand their needs and designing intuitive workflows. You’ll also help make the Frostbite team and our development process more user-centric and data-driven.
- Build empathy for our users within Frostbite and inform design decisions with usability testing, user interviews and industry analysis
- Communicate user needs through personas, user stories, service blueprints, journey maps and other UX tools
- Design and test interfaces and interactions to ensure they are simple and easy to use
- Establish UX processes and standards, participating in internal reviews and coaching teammates
- Degree, certification, or at least three years of experience in UX, interaction design, graphic design, or related field
- Intermediate-level proficiency in user research including usability testing and user interviews
- Intermediate-level proficiency in UX, interface, and interaction design including the creation of wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, personas and journey maps
- Intermediate-level proficiency with design, mock-up or prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Omnigraffle, Affinity Designer and Figma
- Experience planning and leading large UX projects
- Experience presenting design decisions to senior leaders in concise language and presentations
- Experience designing complex applications, like digital content creation tools or game engines is a nice to have but not mandatory
Community / Marketing Title: UX Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-17 01:10:30.383
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.