User Interface Software Engineer - ActionScript
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 159178
Position Title: Software Engineer I
User Interface Software Engineer
The User Interface Software Engineer will be focused on UI and Feature programming for multiple game modes for the Madden Mobile franchise. You will identify challenges and opportunities while working together with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the domain of user interface, interaction, and experience. Responsibilities include:
- Write technical design specifications.
- Write new code and maintain existing code in ActionScript and TypeScript to support user input, screen, inter-screen and GUI object behaviors, animations, and transitions.
- Integrate content into the front-end of the game
- Develop tools, features, and pipelines for the front-end logic and screens.
- Manage the save game files and generally work with many different types of content (movies, front-end screens, databases, icons, 3D models, special effects, and in-game user interfaces).
- Work with Interface Designers and User Interface Scripters to determine efficient graphic and code representation of GUI designs.
- Create creative, reusable technologies, both systems, and engines.
What skills does EA look for?
- 3+ years of object-oriented programming experience and an understanding of Object-Oriented design principles
- Experience with agile, scrum processes
- Understand client/server architectures.
- Multi-threaded programming and debugging experience is a plus
- Experience developing on both the Windows and Linux platforms
- Experience developing usable, consumer-oriented user interfaces
- Build features, put together technical proposals and software estimates, and guide features to completion
Community / Marketing Title: User Interface Software Engineer - ActionScript
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-06 17:49:24.58
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.