Warfare Art Director
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 159154
Position Title: Senior Character Artist 2
We are DICE
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is not always easy. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise.
The Challenge ahead
The art director oversees the visuals of a full project or a specific aspect. This includes the aesthetic look and the team of artists that creates the content. Reports directly to the Head of Content, and the Senior Producer or Sr AD as the day-2-day manager on the project.
We would like our Art Directors to have
- Worked on multiple titles, most likely with 8+ years experience.
- A broad understanding for everything visual. This includes other mediums and a range of techniques.
- Lead a large team of artists, likely in the 30-70 range. This includes mentoring of several sub-leads.
- Set the art direction for the title or your responsibilities. Develop the style and tone together with other directors.
- Lead the art team to success. The market is always changing and we must achieve inspiring experiences that can wow our players.
- Provide feedback to the artists, with a focus on artistic execution.
- Maintain a well working and healthy team.
- Convey and champion the art direction to marketing and external partners.
What an Art Director does at DICE
- Compile or produce reference material that guides the artists in their work.
- Make presentations regarding art direction, process, goals and results.
- Take part in creating plans for tasks, staffing, timelines and budgets.
- Provide feedback to artists and external partners. This can be verbal or written, but visual sketches, paint-overs or mock-ups are even better.
- Review the in-game experience together with other directors, producers and leads.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer which includes a parental salary benefit program and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
WE THOUGHT YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO KNOW
As part of the application process we might ask you to take on a practical work test. The position is permanent. Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English.
EA promotes diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
We welcome people from different backgrounds and look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: Warfare Art Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-13 14:38:48.813
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.