Sr. Software Engineer (C++) - NBA Live
Multiple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159093
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Sr. Software Engineer
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for making sure the various sub-module and features of the game are being implemented properly, and for keeping track of development from a programming standpoint. The Sr. Software Engineer is most concerned with more complex problems such working on creating realistic Artificial Intelligence, believable Physics, delivering a smooth online gaming experience, programming immersive game modes, and overall game code quality. He/She will also work closely with the other leads on the art, design, and production teams, and help develop schedules and determine milestones.
- Will serve as the tech lead for a team of engineers encompassing one of more game features
- Communicates effectively with the various professional elements on a team: engineering, art, production
- Develops technical design in collaboration with other engineers
- Creates prototypes to demonstrate early concept development
- Profiling and optimizing software components
- Must be knowledgeable about most technical areas of the game and works to distribute tasks to different members of the programming team.
- Responsible for breaking down large feature domains into taskable pieces to be delegated to the team
- Identifies potential issues with respect to technical designs and comes up with solutions as to how to avert them
What skills does EA look for??
- Bachelor's degree or higher in CS/Math or equivalent. Masters preferred
- Significant prior game development experience in numerous areas such as gameplay, graphics, online, modes, UI, etc.
- Demonstrable skills in C++ programming and scripting language experience (ActionScript, PHP, Python, etc..)
- Strong software architecture and design skills; specifically client/server.
- Strong OOP/OOD experience
- Understanding of modern GPU and CPU architectures as well as game console hardware (XBOX One or PS4)
- Experience with software development methodologies, specifically Agile
- Experience mentoring and leading junior programmers / software engineers
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience with version control tools such as Perforce or CVS
- Expected to be able to ‘fight fires’ in a number of technical engineering areas
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Software Engineer (C++) - NBA Live
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-17 17:16:14.487
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.