AI Software Engineer - NBA Live
Multiple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159086
Position Title: Software Engineer II
AI Gameplay SE
For this role, we are looking for someone to help build our gameplay AI team. This role requires interests in animation, physics, AI, and mechanics. We value members passionate about building a balanced, immersive, and most importantly fun gameplay experience.
Our gameplay team builds on advanced animation, physics, and AI systems with R&D backing locally and across a global company. Because of the nature of the role, and the strong design influence, candidates need strong prototyping, iteration, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Collaborates with design to provide feedback and then creates clear and estimable technical designs.
- Delivers tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements.
- Awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance, memory budgets, and determinism.
- Actively looks for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Contributes to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to enable collaborative development efforts.
- Passion for the development craft and can demonstrate good development practices.
- Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, animators, designers, producers, and quality assurance testers.
- Demonstrates problem solving and debugging skills.
- General understanding of parallel programming and resource management considerations.
- Strong 3D math skills, especially linear algebra.
- Advanced understanding of C++.
- Experience with finite state machines and behavioral trees.
- Understanding of scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and/or C#.
- Knowledge of animation and AI concepts and techniques.
- Experience in concepts like determinism and dead reckoning programming as it relates to gameplay.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
- A love of sports and sports strategy at both the player and team levels.
Community / Marketing Title: AI Software Engineer - NBA Live
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-13 03:45:06.73
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.