Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 159060
Position Title: Visual Effects Artist 2
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
We work on many projects across our EA titles
The Challenge Ahead:
EA is looking for a VFX Artist to join the team at our Guildford studio.
Our VFX artists add atmosphere, realism, tone, depth and help emphasise drama or narrative in all aspects of a game, while also establishing and clarifying location, weather, time of day, speed, health and signposting etc.
You will work closely with the Lead Artist, Art Director, and collaborate with other artists, engineers and games designers to setup VFX systems that bring atmosphere and drama to the game.
As a technical and creative innovator, you will be a driving force in and iterative designer of effects; breaking down tasks; sourcing reference, building prototypes, sharing regular updates and delivering on commitments. Your experience and good visual eye will allow you build, from reference through to final, efficient, performant, and most importantly, visually stunning effects that fit the Art and Design briefs.
A VFX Artist also needs:
- Work FX samples from at least one shipped game
- Experience building node-based systems for both shaders and emitters.
- Passion for FX and a desire to improve and share technical and creative skills in a team-based environment.
- Good communication and collaborative skills
- Experience implementing mesh-based FX in DCC (e.g. Houdini, Maya Bifrost).
- A broad interest in aspects of visual art outside of video and computer game
- Knowledge of animation, compositing and lighting processes would be useful.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know:
We’re based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
- More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/guildford
Community / Marketing Title: VFX Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-12 17:29:26.06
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.