DevOps Software Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 158869
Position Title: Software Engineer III
What does the EA IT Employee Experience Engineering Team do?
Electronic Arts is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company's game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets. EA has more than 275 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
Our team, the Employee Experience Engineering group is a new central technology team that is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining application and data services as well as enterprise mobile applications that support all employees throughout EA. Our goal is to produce high quality, reusable, services and web and mobile solutions that help each and every EA employee do their job and contribute to the goal of EA making the world’s greatest games.
What will you be doing?
As an experienced DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for working with the team’s solution & technical architects, Engineering team members to refine and implement Cloud resources. This role covers the entire lifecycle of the product from architecting, designing infrastructure in cloud platforms to triaging on issues. The role requires a heavy focus on automation, continuous integration and delivery, and requires everything we build to be highly available, robust, resilient & supportable applications in the cloud.
We also focus on strong network infrastructure knowledge to be able to define and protect cloud resources.
In a company where content security is of paramount criticality, this DevOps role requires building applications that are highly secured, efficient secrets management and
The position requires handling multiple projects/products at the same time and being able to manage the priorities efficiently.
You will be interacting with product managers, project managers, engineers, architects and quality engineers across different locations.
- Work with PMs, Architects, Engineers and Quality engineers to understand service and application needs, including build, deployment and management.
- Be able to configure highly available and reliable applications in the cloud.
- Ensure all solutions being developed are well documented with proper technical specifications, testable and maintainable.
- Work with PMs to Design and build service catalogs and APIs
- Work with Experience Designers to prototype and build web & mobile applications
- Implement monitoring, analytics, and telemetry in code development
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with teams across various geographies
- Effectively communicate progress and issues with engineering and product/project managers.
- Be able to prototype new technology that fits use cases/problems and validate against success criteria.
- Experience developing high-performance cloud-based, REST microservices with latest/recent versions of NodeJS
- Top-notch AWS administration skills
- Experience configuring and maintaining all major AWS services
- Experience configuring and deploying in cloud technologies including serverless frameworks and managed services in AWS
- Work with various NoSQL DB (DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra) and Cache (Redis, Redux, Elasticache, Memcache) in the cloud
- Knowledge and working experience with SCSS (preferably Git) and best practices
- Experience with webpack, gulp and/or other build tools
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and automation (e.g. GitLab, Jenkins, Cloudbees, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc...)
- Experience with Terraform, and CloudFormation based automation of creating cloud resource.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams such as Design and Product teams in an Agile work environment.
- Experience with other cloud technologies is a huge plus (GCP, and Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with packaged applications (preferably Employee tools such as Slack, G Suite, etc
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5 to 8 years of engineering/development experience in DevOps
- Advanced knowledge of all major services in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-02 18:45:51.69
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.