Senior Software Engineer I
Location: Oregon, United States
Requisition Number: 158682
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world’s greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important plans for EA’s community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These plans include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription currently on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA’s gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Senior Software Engineer, C++, you will will be responsible for: delivering quality, robust features in a shared C++ codebase that add value to our platform; enhancing the workflows, processes and tools for our team; and being the role-model for junior engineers. This means partnering with team members and other external teams to build solutions that are functional, scalable and reliable, always targeting the best engineering practices. As part of the broader engineering family you will be an essential contributor to the EAX team based in Vancouver.
Joining EAX means joining the team shaping EA’s subscription services now spanning three major platforms; building consumer experiences that power EA’s games and enabling more personalized, socially connected, and frictionless experiences; and expanding our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that “we see farther”, and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
You’re someone with a proven track record for:
- Architecting, designing, coding, debugging and maintaining a large codebase.
- Strong understanding of multi-threaded, asynchronous and deterministic programming
- Ability to work with a large, cross functional, and distributed team
- Comfort with a fast-paced, always changing, agile environment.
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
- 8+ years of C++ experience
- Windows/Mac application development experience
- Having shipped at least one game or application into the market.
In a typical sprint, a senior engineer will
- Plan, estimate and breakdown a number of features (user stories)
- Spend time reviewing code and mentoring more junior engineers
- Designing and coding features.
Compensation and Benefits
- Great compensation package and bonus (relocation assistance available)
- Comprehensive health, dental and benefit packages
- Employee discounts with many local and online retailers
- Excellent on-campus facilities include gym, soccer, volleyball, yoga, nutritionist, dry-cleaning, massage, haircuts, etc
- Free and discounted video games
- Tuition reimbursement for post-secondary education
- Pension with company match
- Maternity and paternity plans
- Employee referral bonus program
- Dog friendly workplace - on-location off leash dog areas
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer I
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-18 23:00:46.843
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.