Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Requisition Number: 158602
Position Title: Software Engineer II
What does the Frostbite team do?
We develop the Frostbite engine, EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Frostbite has powered games such as FIFA, Battlefield, Need For Speed, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Plants Versus Zombies and Star Wars Battlefront. Frostbite uses its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games and push the boundaries of what they can achieve. Creating and applying creative technology in the gaming industry is not easy but it is increasingly the difference-maker between an evolutionary game and a revolutionary one. Here at Frostbite, we are setting the bar high and have a team of great engineers who are dedicated and willing to reach it to ship the next awesome game. We are located across North America (Vancouver, Edmonton, Orlando, Montreal, Seattle), Europe (Guildford, Stockholm, Bucharest), and Australia (Melbourne).
The Challenge Ahead
The Frostbite Release team manages over 200 engineers worth of work getting into the mainline. You will be part of a team keeping the build farm green and improving the lives of our engineers. You will receive mentoring from industry leaders and experts in their fields.
We are looking for someone who can quickly familiarize themselves with multiple technologies and works well with others to get things accomplished. You will work with senior engineers and analysts to ensure systems are performing at optimum capacity.
- Respond to issues within the Frostbite production environment by working with diverse teams and gathering data to help troubleshoot issues.
- Work with senior team members on releases/updates and patches
- Communicate with team members and those on other teams to ensure resolution of production environment issues including capacity, lag.
- Coordinate releases to ensure the integrity of the live environment is protected and the correct components are released
- Work with the quality assurance team to ensure final version is up to organizational standards
- Enforce new policies, improve process and culture to help release Frostbite with better quality.
- Work with developers to organize fixing broken builds
- Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented programming, data structures)
- Professional experience with C++, C# and Python
- Perforce experience
- Good knowledge and hands-on experiences with the industrial standard continuous integration tools, preferably Jenkins
- Debugging and problem analyzing skills
- Automation in general
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. Since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want To Know
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/melbourne
- More about our Culture: http://careers.ea.com/why-work-here
Community / Marketing Title: Release Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-18 07:45:10.943
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.