Senior Franchise Operations Manager
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 158567
Position Title: Senior Manager, Operations
PLM Franchise Operations Manager
Main purpose of role:
The Franchise Operations Manager oversees multiple franchises from one or more studios. The role is part of our Global Publishing Operations team and as a larger team we provide operational services to plan, configure and deliver EA content across all channels, platforms and business models to our global network of players. The Franchise Operations Manager is integrated in our Product Lifecycle Management team (PLM) that holds close relationships with studios, marketing and publishing partners, operations and supply chain teams as well as external partners such as console and mobile first parties.
The Franchise Operations Manager is the main POC for operational planning, scheduling, tracking and execution. Responsibilities include operational and submissions-related deliverables from key stakeholders, including studio development teams, the Global Publishing Organization, EA Certification, and First Parties. Working to align optimal product launches, the Franchise Operations Manager ensures alignment between all stakeholders, partners closely with studio teams to guide them through the publishing process, advising teams to complete their releases on-time via standard practices and procedures. The Franchise Operations Manager works independently and collaboratively with but not limited to: Studio Leadership, Producers, Development Directors, Finance and revenue account teams, supply chain, QA Leads, Marketing, Submissions and EA Cert.
The Franchise Operations Manager role is supported by one or more Franchise Project Manager (FPM) and reports to the Franchise Operations Director.
The Franchise Operations Manager interfaces at senior levels across publishing, studios & corporate to ensure that product delivery processes are met, and status is understood. In addition, the role is key to supporting the development of new product delivery processes and changes to meet evolving business requirements.
- Independent management of multiple studio franchises, maintaining effective relationships with all partners and stakeholders to ensure best-possible delivery of the SKU plan.
- Participates in the definition and influences decisions around edition, pre-order, post-launch and live service plans. Collaborates between studio, marketing and commercial teams to identify opportunities and includes technical operations expertise to establish implementation strategies and details.
- Effectively communicate project status and schedules as well as risks and mitigation strategies to all stakeholders and management.
- Program Management of all major operational milestones throughout the lifecycle of a product, engaging regularly with Sales/Commercial/Marketing teams, Demand Planning, Finance, Legal, QA and others.
- Report out on the status, schedule, operational risks, milestones etc through established deliverables like Schedule documents, scenario planning docs, risk assessment and mitigation tools, various internal PM tools.
- Provide expert insight and advice on 1st party requirements and operational impact, assist with 1st party communications, devising strategies to secure approvals
- Pro-actively support new business models by adjusting business processes as needed.
- Provide SME input in new tools and processes (“Romulus”), participate in UAT and give nuanced feedback.
- Management and development of the FPM direct report(s) in guidelines and best practices. The Franchise Operations Manager will independently manage a single direct report, defining goals & objectives, distributing work and growing the capabilities and capacities of the FPM(s).
- Identify optimization opportunities in existing operational processes and procedures, collaborate with other PLM teams and stakeholders to build efficiencies and reduce redundancy.
Skills and Experience:
- High-level project management, product planning, scheduling, and negotiating skills
- 5+ years of experience in project management, software submissions, certification/QA or game development
- Experience managing multiple tasks and schedules in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competent PC skills & understanding, predominantly MS Office (Outlook, Excel, etc)
- Experience working within global and multi-cultural organizations desirable
Behaviors / Competencies:
- High-level of professionalism; takes initiative and demonstrates a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Proven ability to lead a remote virtual team with team members from the larger organization and multiple locations and backgrounds.
- Proven interpersonal skills; a team player who collaborates with others to achieve common goals
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with partners
- Process-driven and highly detail-oriented; ability to clearly communicate project information
- Proactive, assertive, flexible, and diplomatic; creative problem-solver
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Franchise Operations Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-18 12:28:37.273
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.