Software Engineer (C++, LUA)
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Requisition Number: 158282
Position Title: Software Engineer II
- Five years of experience or more
- Multiple opportunities available
- Modern studio next to Southern Cross Station
- Stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit, and coffee
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Electronic Arts’ Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is regarded throughout the industry as a leading mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile.
We’re looking for talented and dedicated Software Engineers/Programmers to join us in developing AAA mobile games. You will collaborate with other creative developers and report to a lead engineer.
- Programming games using C++ and Lua
- You'll write and implement tools for creation of mobile device applications using C#
- Collaborate with a small team of creative developers
- You will report to a lead engineer
- Programming within all areas of game development, including:
- Math and 3D graphics
- Game engines
- User interface
- Special effects
- Excellent C++ and/or C# skills
- Value working with a schedule
- Work with and extend existing code
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work/portfolio experience
- Programming experience in the games industry would be advantageous
- Modern studio, located next to Southern Cross Station
- Subsidised health care programme and gym allowance
- Excellent employee benefits, bonuses and share options
- Subsidised games and consoles, with additional games available to take home to play
- Stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit and hot drinks
- Friday night socials and regular team building outings
How to Apply
To apply, please click the apply now button. To learn more about a career with EA, please visit https://www.ea.com/careers.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer (C++, LUA)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-24 21:44:45.777
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.