UI/UX Designer - Contract
Multiple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 158095
Position Title: Contingent
The UI/UX Designer will be responsible for developing common interface ergonomics, which includes the creation of broadcast style overlays for in-game presentation and functionality for the Madden franchise. This person will further conceptualize, design, and create individual assets for the interface. Most importantly, this person will be responsible for ensuring the player experience is as intuitive as possible in guiding them through a complex network of selection and customization screens.
- At least 3 years of experience designing for console games, websites, mobile apps, and/or other similar digital products; experience working on AAA games and other larger-scale products is ideal
- A stunning visual design portfolio that demonstrates your user interface and graphic design skills and your creative process from inception through completion
- Advanced skill level with visual design software apps including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.
- Advanced skill level with UX design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, and Adobe XD creating wireframes, flows, and more
- Experience in implementing visual style guides and designing within the constraints of existing brand identities
- Experience working with UX researchers and applying user test findings to improve the usability and overall quality of your designs
- You must be an analytical thinker who enjoys being actively involved in the creative process
- You must be a strong communicator who is able to present your work and methodologies
- You must be a positive, energetic person; excited and proud to have a high-level of creative influence on AAA video games titles
- Utilize your full range of design skills to own the end-to-end experience in developing game user interfaces, in-game HUD, motion graphics, and more
- Quickly and thoroughly create process flows, low-fidelity wireframes, and visual designs as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
- Collaborate with game designers and producers to help define and design game features
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary development team including UI/UX designers, UI technical artists, software engineers, character and environment artists, animators, and others throughout the development process
- Be proactive and take full ownership of your work
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to a resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
Community / Marketing Title: UI/UX Designer - Contract
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-11 19:09:49.873
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.