Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 158065
Position Title: Artist 2
At Electronic Arts we put our players first, and we’re looking for the most talented and creative
game developers to help create amazing experiences for our players. Come join our exciting
team as we redefine mobile development at EA. Rapid iteration, collaboration, and gameplay is
how we drive innovation and deliver a top 10 grossing mobile title. Our team is excited to
provide awesome player experiences by pushing the envelope of what has been done at EA
Mobile. Come and see for yourself!
We’re seeking a 3D Artist with a proven track record in mobile and expertise in fast-paced game
development to join our small team of talented developers located in Redwood Shores. You will
work closely with our Art and Design teams to rapidly create character, weapon, and
environment art through the entire art production pipeline. This is an opportunity to become a
principal contributor on a new, exciting project in the early stages of development.
- Create 3D characters, weapons, and environments that are production ready and optimized for maximum performance on a variety of mobile devices
- Consistently deliver high quality 3D artwork in an efficient manner for a fast-paced development environment
- Work closely with designers and engineers to implement art assets efficiently and allow for rapid iteration of game design and aesthetics
- Conduct in-depth research, collect reference material, and develop conceptual ideas
- Quickly integrate feedback and adjust with the needs of the project
- Provide guidance and direction to external vendors and contractors as required
- A passion for playing and making awesome games!
- Experience creating high quality 3D artwork on a professional video game project
- Expertise and knowledge of the entire game art development pipeline
- Experience with real-time, node-based shader editors in modern game engines
- Capable of owning the entire Modeling, Texturing, and Shading pipeline
- Must understand and have experience in 3D asset creation for mobile platforms
- Expert in 3D tools (Zbrush, Maya, Max), proficiency in Photoshop and/or Painter
- Strong understanding of modern rendering techniques
- Ability to work within specific styles, including a style set by another artist or art director
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt and be effective in a highly dynamic and agile environment
- Previous experience with Unreal Engine 4 is a plus
- Previous experience providing feedback and direction to outsourced artists is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: 3D Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-11 18:16:42.87
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.