Voice Editor - (Contract)
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 156356
Position Title: Contingent
Voice Editor - Contract
Location: Redwood Shores, CA
Term: July 8th – October 11th
The Maxis Studio of Electronic Arts is seeking a Voice Editor to join the Audio team and help ship an upcoming expansion pack for The Sims 4.
The ideal candidate should have experience delivering final quality audio either from a brief or starting with placeholder sounds in software. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within technical limitations to deliver quality audio are essential. It’s also important that the candidate understands the role of audio in video games; and can create final content to best effect the player experience.
- Must have voice editing experience and have expertise in relevant software packages, such as Logic Audio, Sound Forge, and ProTools.
- Experience with all aspects of voice direction for game production, with proficiencies in voice direction of top professional actors and game implementation pipelines.Proficiency with standard audio tools (DAW, Editing, plugins, etc) and studio tools (microphone, compressors, etc).
- Proficiency with PC and Mac platforms, and comfort with custom tools.
- Experience with Game Production and Design
- A committed ear for the user experience of Voice Performance in detail
- An open mind, willing to challenge conventional wisdom and find creative solutions to our unique problems
- An eye towards innovating audio tech and tools for voice
- You can shift quickly and flexibly from multiple projects and roles
- You are someone who can thrive and grow in a dynamic environment and bring enthusiasm to those around you
Nice to have:
- Max/Msp skills
- Sound design capabilities
- A fan of Maxis titles and what we bring to players
- Music performance skills, vocals in particular
Community / Marketing Title: Voice Editor - (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-10 20:17:21.867
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US