Concept Artist (Contract) 1
Requisition Number: 118969
Position Title: Contingent
Artworks is the central content creation group for the EA Sports Label, developing high end visual content (characters, environments, props, FX, lighting, etc.). We partner closely with the studio Game Teams in co-development for all of the sports titles developed across EA Canada and Tiburon. Artworks prides itself in delivering large volumes of high quality art assets while consistently striving for improvements in visuals, tools, process and workflow.
Concept Artist (Contract)
EA is seeking a Contract Concept Artist to create compelling art that captures the mood and style across several franchises. In this role you’ll be working on creating game scenes, characters, objects, architectural/structural design, environments, vehicles, furniture, clothing and other content.
What the Contract Concept Artist will do
- Work closely with the Art Director and Production Artists to create a cast of highly believable characters and immersive game environments
- Create a wide variety of additional concepts including creature design, hard surface props, and vehicles
- Design original concepts that fit within the project style guide
- Translate high level ideas into production-ready art packets
- Maintain a high level of quality art, while providing a variety of ideas
- Provide in depth research, reference material, and develop conceptual ideas
- Create lighting schemes and color palettes that capture the tone of the world
- Create storyboards and dynamic keyframes that illustrate the story and/or gameplay
Who we are looking for:
- 2+ years of concept experience
- Shipped video game titles are a plus
- Ability to create concepts from scratch and create color studies
- Environment and component ideation and design (realistic and fantasy like)
- Very strong traditional illustration skills in a variety of media as well as excellent drawing skills, matte painting experience is a plus
- A strong ability to think in 2D and 3D
- Strong fundamental skills including good use of line, light, shadow and color
- Storytelling and concept development
- Ability to work within specific styles, including a style set by another artist or art director and mentor other concept artists.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Concept Artist (Contract) 1
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US