Head of Media Planning - APAC
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Requisition Number: 155716
Position Title: Sr Manager, Media Buying
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
At EA Sydney, we are proud to be working with some of the biggest and most innovative video game franchises and development studios in the world. We help to bring our games to our players via our talented Marketing & Communications, Sales, and Finance teams.
We are a vibrant group of people who love what we do and are passionate about inspiring the world to play. Headquartered in the centre of the city, in a beautifully maintained, heritage-listed boutique building, our office space is designed to encourage teamwork, imagination and creativity. We challenge you to experiment, lead and make an impact on your very first day and every day after.
This key position leads the Media practice in APAC alongside a Media Planning Manager and the regional Media Agency to deliver the creation and execution of innovative cross-channel media plans which integrate with the player journey from a global to country level to grow EA’s brands across APAC. The successful applicant will take a leadership role in the APAC region to deliver growth in partnerships with the broader EA business.
- Spearhead Cross Channel Media Planning for the APAC Markets: Lead the Media Agency alongside the broader EA team to develop holistic plans for the APAC region across titles to deliver on the vision of delivering integrated player journeys
- Oversight of the APAC Media Agency Relationship: Collaborate with the Media Agency from briefing to activation to ensure strategic alignment and best in class execution
- Collaborate with Global Buying Teams: Partner closely with the Global Buying Teams on fluid media channel planning to inform media agency on activation across programmatic, search and social
- Provide Regional Media Expertise Across the APAC Region: Drive understanding within the organisation of local media nuances and consumption behavior to help inform go-to-market approaches
- Cultivate Relationships with Global and Local Media Vendors: Participate in channel and platform partner relationships to deliver opportunities for future testing and innovation
- Develop and Lead an International Team of Media Managers: Inspire an unassailable sense of shared purpose & equip, empower & enable solution-oriented creative progress
- Provide Robust Media Performance Reporting: Aggregate media performance across channels to provide actionable insights
- Responsible for Finance Tracking of Brand Media Spend: Partner with FP&A to follow proper accounting and finance processes and maintain budget tracking documents
- Lead Agency in the Development of Cross-Channel Media Plans: Aids the translation of global media briefs by the Regional Media Manager and Agency into locally nuanced media plans by region/country
- Regional Media Actionability: Lead the creation of annual and/or quarterly reports showing local media consumption behavior and competitive tracking to inform go-to-market approach
- Regional Media Vendor Partnerships: Work with agency on partnerships with external media vendors to help support objectives of media campaigns
- Creative Asset Needs: Lead the media planners to arm the creative team(s) with best practices for creative by platform and asset needs by plan
- Maintain Financial Records for Brand Media Spend: Keep up-to-date records of brand media spend across fixed and fluid media to serve the needs of the organisation
- Collaborate on Measurement Plans and Learning Agendas for Paid Media: Ensure all media is measured, tracked and setup to provide learnings for future plans
We are looking for people who want to be pushed, who want to bring the next generation of exciting, engaging games to our players. We are looking for emotionally intelligent people with a can-do attitude and a passion for seeing content reach its full potential.
We are ideally looking for someone who has:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A flexible and dynamic approach with the ability to adapt to changing goals and objectives
- The ability to galvanize and influence agencies, teams and stakeholders at all levels
- Experience working on global campaigns and partnering with multiple territories and partners
- A deep understanding of media programs and data-led media activations utilized in brand-led campaigns
- The management and media agency experience to lead a media planning team and agency to deliver and activate extraordinary brand-led media plans across multiple fluid channels using all the tools at their disposable to reach and excite EA’s strategic targets for multiple award-winning video game franchises
- The ability to bring an outside, agency approach and experience to EA’s media and marketing approach through multiple years of media agency experience
- An exceptional and proven knowledge of all media (both digital and traditional) with a deep understanding of how brands grow, and the creative ways used to bring brands to life in an omni-channel world and a clear vision and understanding of the roles of each channels to achieve that
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interest and understanding of first-party data targeting, attribution and media and campaign testing
- Modern office conveniently located next to major transport links
- A games area with consoles so you can get your gaming fix
- Regular events, from weekly sports to quarterly offsite socials
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced dynamic company and industry
How to Apply
We invite candidates to apply directly to Electronic Arts using the apply now button.
To learn more about a career with EA, please visit https://www.ea.com/careers. For inquiries, please contact CareersAustralia@ea.com
Community / Marketing Title: Head of Media Planning - APAC
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-03 17:57:14.627
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU