Vice President, Head of Central Game Product Management
Multiple Locations: Sacramento, California, United States • Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 155392
Position Title: VP
Head of Central Game Product Management
Are you interested in defining the foundations for great software products? EA is looking for a talented executive to improve game product management. As Head of Central Game Product Management, you guide and accomplish this by creating the strategy for our Game PM organization, and grow the live service revenue across our portfolio of games.
You'll identify customer needs, gather requirements from partners, build business cases, grow game monetization and engagement, promoting a product vision, working in a matrix organization and, most importantly, delivering a delightful customer experience.
Major Areas of Responsibilities
- Establish the product management vision for our central PM organization and across mobile, PC and HD game teams.
- Partner with game team leadership and creative leaders to ensure products are designed to sustain as a business over the course of years.
- Manage a central PM team that is positioned for effectiveness.
- Influence the growth of the PM capability across EA Studios while increasing the visibility and improvement of the discipline.
- Develop partnerships across EA central teams (analytics, central tech, marketing, publishing, etc.) and agree on goals.
- Develop frameworks for outstanding economy design in collaboration with game teams, taking into account gameplay, player motivations, genre, platform and business models.
- Advocate for Measurement feature design in development and throughout live service. Build an approach for measuring outcomes for every release across studios.
- Build a culture of scientific thoughtfulness where data informed decision-making is accepted by studio leadership.
- Create strategic conversations with central teams on technologies enhancing studios, champion outstanding studio live service tools and tech needs.
- Translate understanding of competitive landscape into clear product recommendations.
- Partner with UED/UX/Design team to ensure that PM priorities are woven into delightful customer experiences.
- 12 + years product management experience, with focus on developing and servicing AAA games applying free to play mechanics
- Experience developing use cases, scenarios, requirements and product roadmaps
- Experience running economies for several titles over multiple years in live service. Develop framework for economy design taking into account gameplay, genre, platform and business model.
- Implementation orientation; demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into detailed product requirement
- Experience inside larger matrixed companies
- Experience leading diverse teams through influence versus direct management
- Manage a program "by the numbers" must be metrics-driven
- Experience working with multiple teams across multiple locations
- BA/BS required; master’s degree preferred.
- Passion for gaming a big plus!
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture is motivated by creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: Redwood City
Community / Marketing Title: Vice President, Head of Central Game Product Management
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-17 19:15:24.68
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.