IMEA Marketing and Communications Manager
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Requisition Number: 155282
Position Title: Marketing Manager II
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
At EA Sydney, we are proud to be working with some of the biggest and most innovative video game franchises and development studios in the world. We help to bring our games to our players via our talented Marketing & Communications, Sales, and Finance teams.
We are a vibrant group of people who love what we do and are passionate about inspiring the world to play. Headquartered in the centre of the city, in a beautifully maintained, heritage-listed boutique building, our office space is designed to encourage teamwork, imagination and creativity. We challenge you to experiment, lead and make an impact on your very first day and every day after.
The IMEA Marketing and Communications Manager represents EA in the local market working to maximise all existing and future high value partners and executing against local campaign activation.
What a Marketing and Communications Manager does at EA:
- Responsible for execution of local marketing activations within the framework of the overall marketing strategy for the assigned franchises.
- Responsible for maintaining and leveraging all priority local partners – media, clubs, brands, first party, etc.
- Plans and executes against local earned media campaign beats within approved framework, whilst managing all budgetary reconciliation and updates
- Creates and executes local content commissioned within the local marketing strategy
- Provides feedback and assistance on key campaign elements including media campaign
- Manages local agencies and execution partners
- Maintains a close partnership with Country Engagement Manager for regional comms & community management
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong understanding of the Geographic region, with ability to detail key markets & consumer groups within those markets
- Knowledge of key cultural celebrations and holiday periods, including key relevant market events that are unique to the market (eg. Sporting events, Historic personality celebrations, Gaming events)
- Detailed understanding of key market partners in the region (Publishing partners, Distribution, retail, 1st Party, Agency)
- Knowledge and appreciation of local market language composition (spoken & text) and the various resultant modes of communication that EA should utilise to converse with players in the region.
- Firm grasp of market socio-economic factors such as demographics and market infrastructure indicators (eg. Payments, Internet penetration) which impact our players in the region.
- In-depth knowledge and practical knowledge of marketing tools
- Capable to build relationships with key partners
- Experience in managing agencies and production partners
- Strong communication skills with ability to work in a multinational and diverse market environments
- Strong ability for team cooperation and working with remote cross functional teams
- Passion for video games and the entertainment industry
- Modern office conveniently located next to major transport links
- A games area with consoles so you can get your gaming fix
- Regular events, from weekly sports to quarterly offsite socials
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced dynamic company and industry
How to Apply
To apply, please click the apply now button. To learn more about a career with EA, please visit https://www.ea.com/careers. For inquiries, please contact CareersAustralia@ea.com
Community / Marketing Title: IMEA Marketing and Communications Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-17 07:11:04.527
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.