GSEA Engagement Manager
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Requisition Number: 155277
Position Title: Sr Community Specialist
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
At EA Sydney, we are proud to be working with some of the biggest and most innovative video game franchises and development studios in the world. We help to bring our games to our players via our talented Marketing & Communications, Sales, and Finance teams.
We are a vibrant group of people who love what we do and are passionate about inspiring the world to play. Headquartered in the centre of the city, in a beautifully maintained, heritage-listed boutique building, our office space is designed to encourage teamwork, imagination and creativity. We challenge you to experiment, lead and make an impact on your very first day and every day after.
This position is a full-time position with Electronic Arts. The Greater South East Asia Community Engagement Manager is a key role within EA's Sydney-based Asia Pacific Marketing team – Emerging Markets. Working closely with the Greater South East Asia Marketing & Communications Manager and the Brand, Content and Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for developing and coordinating strategies to engage and build loyalty within EA's player communities, creating consumer awareness and effectively promoting games, features or events within the live-service games landscape.
- Responsible for the development and execution of the local player community strategy, within the framework of the regional & global strategy
- Informs campaign decisions based on player community media data
- Supporting achievement of target revenue goals through the coordination and execution of campaign initiatives to build player community engagement and awareness
- Manage and moderate all relevant consumer channels in alignment with key strategies.
- Strong understanding of player motivations and how they consume content/products to inform marketing and communications strategies
- Responsible for coordination and publishing of campaign content via EA owned channels, and the ability to work with 1st party partners to provide content on external channels
- Create and curate local content to support overall strategy executions
- Works with franchise development and marketing partners to connect content creation knowledge with their specific business needs
- Analysing media monitoring data regarding player community patterns and preferences.
- Ensures Communication Guides are created ahead of major campaigns, and are informed by media monitoring data
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2 years’ experience in marketing, community or communications role
- Fluent in both English and a related language, both written and spoken
- Experience working with influencers within the GSEA region
- A passion for video games and the entertainment industry, previous experience desirable but not essential
- An understanding of key cultural celebrations and holiday periods, including key relevant market events that are unique to the region
- In-depth practical knowledge of social media platforms across the region
- Strong ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in managing relationships with social media agencies
- A proven track record in working in a multinational environment across a diverse market
- A team-first player, who works in a collaborative, team orientated fashion, though demonstrates a strong personal work ethic
- Modern office conveniently located next to major transport links
- A games area with consoles so you can get your gaming fix
- Regular events, from weekly sports to quarterly offsite socials
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced dynamic company and industry
How to Apply
To apply, please click the apply now button. To learn more about a career with EA, please visithttps://www.ea.com/careers. For inquiries, please contact CareersAustralia@ea.com
Community / Marketing Title: GSEA Engagement Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-15 23:09:54.243
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.