Associate Game Designer
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Requisition Number: 155196
Position Title: Associate Game Designer
- Located next to Southern Cross Station
- Modern studio with excellent employee benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit, and coffee!
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Electronic Arts’ Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is highly regarded throughout the industry as a Live Service mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, and Need for Speed.
We’re looking for a highly talented and dedicated Associate Game Designer who thrives in fast-paced, ever-changing live service environment. As an Associate Game Designer you’ll be an integral member of the team, shaping our games to satisfy both dedicated and casual players, driving commercial success on a free-to-play business model.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and refining content to maintain our successful live service roadmap.
- Working within existing systems, plan and implement economy and gameplay tuning, including collecting and integrating feedback from user experience testing.
- Working with the Lead Product Manager & Lead Designer to define and drive the design with regards to the live events roadmap, story, characters, quest writing and more.
- Working closely with the Lead Designer to ensure at all stages design goals are met.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to workflow and tools.
- Driving design discussions & getting buy-in from the team
- Being an advocate for the player and the player experience
You will have:
- Proven success in game design
- Experience with scheduling and prioritising design tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Experience with designing successful free-to-play mobile games highly desirable.
- Experience with the MS Office suite highly desirable, specifically Excel.
- Great attention to detail and a love of iteration.
- Modern studio, located next to Southern Cross Station.
- Subsidised health care programme and gym allowance.
- Excellent employee benefits, bonuses and share options.
- Subsidised games and consoles, with additional games available to take home to play.
- Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit and hot drinks.
- Friday night socials and regular team building outings.
Please provide a portfolio including game design documentation and other examples of your design work.
How to Apply
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Game Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-10 18:21:43.453
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.