Sr VFX Artist
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 155173
Position Title: Craft Director 1
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a studio culture where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are seeking an experienced Senior VFX Artist who is eager to join us in our drive to push visual quality to the next level.
Work task examples:
- Create stunning real-time visual effects using a mastery of high quality particle effects, textures, and shaders
- Optimize effects for performance on multiple platforms
- Collaborate with team members to share knowledge and solve cross-discipline problems
Skills We Look For:
- Ability to deconstruct complex visual effects from reference and recreate them in a real-time game engine
- Highly skilled with Photoshop, Maya, and or 3DS Max
- Experience with Houdini and dynamic simulations
- Strong sense of lighting, color, form and motion
- Experience with Python scripting or equivalent
- Familiar with PBR workflows
- Strong proficiency in technical problems solving
- Self-motivated and the ability to collaborate effectively within a team
- Previous game production experience
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr VFX Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-01 18:29:47.727
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.