UX Design Intern
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 153444
Position Title: Intern General
UX Design Intern
Electronic Arts (EA) is seeking an impact-driven UX designer for EA’s growing internal design team. Reporting to the product design manager, this role will partner closely with product managers and developers to deliver best-in-class experiences.
You will be an advocate of the user while understanding the technical limitations and prioritizing impact over philosophical approaches when needed. You’re an agile design generalist as you will be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, and translating findings into actionable deliverables. You will collaborate with product, engineering, and various stakeholders to deliver well thought-through experiences leveraging state-of-the-art design and collaboration tools.
About EA IT
At EA, the IT organization enables better play – for our customers and our employees alike. Our creative work environment rewards new and different ideas for building out the capabilities and talent to help the company improve the software that runs all those connected products we churn out, from employee tools to game development services to networking. As an important contributor to our products and vision, you'll be able to stretch yourself, and learn and lean on others as you hone in our your craft.
**Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume.**
**Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.**
• Utilize your full range of design skills to own the end-to-end experience for a wide range of EA products.
- You’ll work with the design manager to assess needs and prioritize design tasks
- You’ll collaborate frequently and closely with small multidisciplinary teams
- You’ll help drive strategic alignment of consistency, reusability, and scalability of design tools and methodologies
- You’ll be responsible for creating process flows, wireframes, and/or visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize detailed interaction behaviors for multiple environments and audiences
- You’ll be an advocate for the user, while also balancing business goals as needed
- You know when to dig deep into the details but also when to deliver solutions quickly to create the most impact
- You’ll have ownership of your work and be able to present your work and design expertise to a wide range of audiences
- Currently enrolled in a bachelors or masters degree program related to HCI or any relevant degree programs
- Excellent portfolio demonstrating your design processes
• Strong product sensibility
• Knowledge on both mobile and web products
- Experience (or willingness to learn) conducting user interviews and usability tests
• Understanding of interaction design and information architecture
• Experience developing wireframes and prototypes
• Experience designing in Sketch and Adobe CS
• Most importantly, the drive to learn and challenge yourself
Nice to haves
- Experience with Invision
- Experience using team collaboration tools such as Abstract and Zeplin
Community / Marketing Title: UX Design Intern
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-07 03:19:10.937
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.