Gameplay Software Engineer
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 152091
Position Title: Contingent
Software Engineer - Maxis (temporary)
Location: Redwood Shores, CA
As a Software Engineer on The Sims, your job will be to architect, implement, and maintain user-facing content for the Sims using Python and C++.
- à Implementing gameplay systems written in Python and C++ that are data driven.:
- Sim behaviors: interaction with the world, other Sims, and objects (how would a Flirty Sim behave differently on a pool club versus a bar).
- Ability to build creative real life archetypes within a simulation game (e.g. romance, careers, postures).
- Runtime optimization for performance and memory usage (scaling a simulation engine to include all aspects of human life).
- Work with the team on continuous improvement of the data driven framework that brings designs to life.
- Write software requirement and technical design documentation.
- Work with franchise leaders to continue building unique content for a game that delivers to a large demographic of simulation player patterns.
- Excellent game systems programming skills. Demonstrate technical abilities with projects implemented in C++, Python, C#, Java.
- Experience with working in Python encouraged.
- Experience with Windows platform and development tools (Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.)
- Experience writing real time simulation, high performance game code.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- 1-2 year experience in a hands on development role.
- Demonstrate past experience in working in large data driven games or applications.
- Demonstrable experience developing for live products at large scale.
- Previous engineering leadership experience over a major system.
- Experience in using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
Team and Collaboration Requirements:
- Ability to work well as part of a creative multi-disciplinary team (work with animators, modelers, visual effect and audio effect artists).
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills under iteratively changing requirements during development.
- Strong oral communication and collaboration skills to work with non-engineering disciplines.
Community / Marketing Title: Gameplay Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-08-17 17:36:20.057
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.