Quality Analyst - Online (Contract)
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 151614
Position Title: Contingent
ONLINE QUALITY ANALYST
Online Quality Analysts are individual contributors specialized in key domains of the QA process: back-end compatibility with game content, backend services, compliance, automation & tools. This position embeds the analyst onto the Online team supporting development and pushing strong testing methodologies.
- Identifies, isolates, regresses and communicates bugs effectively and efficiently.
- Primary focus is on high complexity, hard to isolate and potentially high impact bugs on client/server connectivity and backend services.
- Creates, maintains and executes test strategies and test plans for their areas of ownership that test a product and/or service from end-to-end.
- Able to read and communicate information from logs to support developmental processes
- Run and maintain a clean room/catlab for performance and OS testing
- Develops in-depth understanding of the systems under their ownership and communicate progress, status, and risks.
- Provides qualitative and quantitative analysis aimed at refining game systems and services.
- Assists in bug triage with development teams to set priorities.
- Works and communicates effectively with remote teams.
- 1+ year software testing experience with online games
- Ability to read and recognize issues found in logs
- General game engine experience
- Ability to build/modify PCs
- General packet sniffing software knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of software testing processes and best practices
- Experience with embedded QA methodologies and bug prevention strategies is a plus
- Able to understand priorities and organize time around them. Able to recognize when support is needed to prioritize or offload work
- Able to seek out and take on new tasks, identify, analyze and seek out resolutions on their own
- Builds strong working relationships with development teams
- Able to communicate issues clearly and concisely
- Engages in productive discussions and able to make compelling and supported arguments
- Desire to work in a diverse and inclusive work environment
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Analyst - Online (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-07-16 20:40:37.577
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US