Executive Producer / Game GM
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 151602
Position Title: Executive Producer
The Executive Producer will be both the creative ambassador, and the person who builds and motivates the team, while partnering within all of Studio leadership to accomplish the goal of shipping a high quality, hugely entertaining title on time and on budget.
What the Executive Producer will do at Maxis:
- Develop the creative center of the game and build a fully playable/shippable level demonstrating the key attributes of the game (game play, technology, linkages to outside media)
- Expand the playable/shippable level to produce a full AAA title
- Grow the game into a successful franchise capable of multiple versions
- Effectively communicate the core experience of the game to other parts of the EA
- Work with key reports (Senior Producer, Development Director, Art Director, Audio Director, Creative Director and Producers) to create an organizational structure and processes that allow the team to efficiently produce high quality work on time and on budget
- Passionately articulate goals and team principles to help form a stimulating and fun work environment.
- Be able to represent and manage the game as a successful business within the Maxis portfolio against the competitive landscape externally to EA.
- Articulate and serve the games target audience.
- Ensure the product is positioned appropriately with EAs overall strategy.
- Champion the professional development of your people and ensure that EA continues to attract and retain the very best talent.
- Work with Studio Finance to prepare accurate and reasonable project budgets and develop the game within that budget.
- Sell the value of your game across EA and our industry, including interviews & meetings with the press, partner companies, EA executives, etc.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years’ experience as an Executive Producer or equivalent
- Proven track record of developing and executing game project plans along with leading, motivating and driving teams to success
- Ability to know what types of products will sell and what won't sell and be able to assess the feasibility of producing a new product.
- You are resourceful, results driven and bold.
- You are visionary and have a proven track record of rallying and leading change.
- Ability to successfully partner across a global organization.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
Please Contact our recruiter, Rebecca Davis: email@example.com
Community / Marketing Title: Executive Producer / Game GM
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-07-31 21:10:37.6
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.