Financial Analyst - WW Studios
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 151599
Position Title: Financial Analyst
Located in Burnaby, BC, the Financial Analyst will report into the Finance Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis. The role offers an excellent opportunity to be a collaborative business partner and trusted advisor for the Worldwide Studios Content team.
- Partner closely with the manager and business partners to support preparation and submission of annual plan and quarterly forecasts.
- Tracking performance of the business – Keep a regular pulse on the business along with understanding and communicating of risks and opportunities
- Support business with periodic analysis of actual spending vs. plan and estimate.
- Support preparation of monthly and quarterly review materials and reporting decks.
- Partner closely with various Worldwide Studios teams to gain business context and insight used to develop and track budgets
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis for business partners to help drive informed business decisions
- Responsible for month end accruals, monthly actual reporting and variance analysis for all budget holders
- Responsible to coordinate, execute, and improve the quarterly forecast process for the team
TECHNICAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND TALENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration required. CPA, MBA preferred.
- 1-3 years of relevant FP&A and business experience preferred
- Excellent MS Excel skills and relevant accounting knowledge
- Previous exposure or experience in Oracle and Hyperion a plus
- Good organizational, problem solving and communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Controllership mindset; motivated by action and delivering high quality results
- Confidentiality and integrity in dealing with highly sensitive information
- Self-motivated, able to work with little supervision, demonstrates initiative, flexibility, teamwork, maturity under pressure, and anticipates and resolves problems before they develop
- A team player who can work collaboratively within the group and across business units/functions
- Ability to effectively communicate to senior management within the organization
- Ability to communicate complex data clearly and efficiently to business leaders
At EA we exist to inspire the world to play and strive to be the world’s greatest games company. Our core values are:
- Creativity - Striving to bring imagination, original ideas and excitement to everything we do.
- Pioneering - Acting with the curiosity and courage that it takes to experiment, innovate and lead
- Passion - We are at our best when we pursue what we love, and have fun doing it
- Determination - Bringing focus, drive and conviction to our actions. Thriving on the journey, and being motivated to achieve excellence
- Learning - Listening, having humility and being open to new ways of thinking. Challenging ourselves to grow and change as a company
- Teamwork - Committed to each other, and to the accountability and integrity it takes to be a successful global team
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Analyst - WW Studios
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-07-17 14:41:32.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.