Global Strategic Sourcing Manager
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 150518
Position Title: Manager I, Global Sourcing (IC)
Electronic Arts Inc (EA) is looking for a strategic sourcing manager with a proven track record of facilitating market due diligence by leading competitive bid processes and driving commercial contract negotiations. The ideal candidate for this position will have extensive experience with driving internal business partner engagement, development of sourcing strategies, RFx, contract negotiations and strategic sourcing practices, with emphasis on Canada based suppliers and agreements.
This position is an individual contributor role and responsible for sourcing activities in partnership with a variety of internal business units including IT, Workplace & Employee Services, Studios, and Marketing.
- Drive increased value through direct negotiation and other sourcing methods with key suppliers.
- Listen to business partner needs, negotiate agreements to meet operational and financial objectives
- Organize and lead cross-functional teams to effectively engage suppliers.
- Perform market analysis and complete data gathering to develop/ support procurement decisions and strategies.
- Partner with and influence business partner departments and build successful relationships.
- Assist business partners as they manage on-going supplier relationships.
- Work with internal subject matter experts (e.g., Legal, Tax, Security) to create contract structures which maximize EA’s return for current and long-term supplier relationships.
- Analyze significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws including but not limited to those which are specific to Canada, regulations and corporate policies and procedures.
- Understand business needs and requirements so that agreements terms are complete, scalable and cost-effective.
- Assume full responsibility for performance, striving for excellence and with a desire to be part of a team.
- Participate in GSS team development initiatives to improve sourcing experience across EA
- Negotiator. This individual will negotiate terms, conditions, and pricing with EA Suppliers for a range of products and services. They will be responsible for collecting contract requirements, developing contractual agreements, negotiating terms and presenting deals to senior management.
- Communicator. Deliver concise and clear email communications, explain complex business agreements with well-constructed summaries, and develop and lead supplier negotiations.
- Facilitator. Address and confront difficult realities in a positive and constructive manner. Including partnering with others to schedule, manage, and perform on numerous projects in parallel.
- Value Driver. Demonstrate a track record of increasing value with supplier agreements. For example, familiarity with the terms and deal structures which promote or ensure adequate delivery of services, reduce operational costs and/or reduce price.
- RF(x) Manager. Responsible for preparing RFI/RFQ/RFP documents with requesting departments, evaluating proposals, and assisting in the selection of bidders.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 Years relevant Canadian Strategic Sourcing or Procurement Experience
Experience with indirect spend focused on either technology, marketing or facilities
Institute of Supply Management Certification or equivalent industry certification, with MBA or JD
Community / Marketing Title: Global Strategic Sourcing Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-06-07 16:55:14.67
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.