Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 150394
Position Title: Game Designer II
Senior Online Designer
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Online Designer to join an established group of developers working on a AAA Star Wars title in development at EA Vancouver. This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help craft the vision and execution of a compelling, innovative and immersive Star Wars experience.
- Partner with the Creative Director, Game Director and Online Producer to define and execute on the vision for a unique online experience
- Lead the design, execution and tuning of all online game modes, social experiences and live service features.
- Work with the Creative Director, Game Director and Lead Writer to align all connected features with the single-player narrative and gameplay into a cohesive experience
- Drive the balancing and tuning of all connected features based on focus testing, metrics, telemetry and other feedback
- Spearhead the evolution, execution and tuning of the game's features and economy in a live service environment together with the Live Team
- Champion the vision for the connected experience and live services
- Track, analyse and communicate on forward-looking trends and player-desired features in online gaming and live services
- Actively communicate progress, risks and challenges to key stakeholders across the team
- 5+ years of experience working on AAA multiplayer titles or modes
- 2+ shipped titles in a role developing multiplayer, online, or community features
- Proven ability to set direction and successfully lead a team to deliver AAA quality experiences
- Strong knowledge and experience with game development in a live service environment
- Solid understanding of scripting/programming concepts and online infrastructure
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong sense of humour and a positive, collaborative, team-centric mentality
- Comfortable working within a large, cross-disciplinary team
- Willingness to iterate and adapt designs
- In-depth knowledge of industry trends in multiplayer/connected experiences
- Passion for games and gaming
Please Contact our Recruiter, Rebecca Davis: email@example.com
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
“EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Community / Marketing Title: Online Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-05-15 17:38:15.333
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.