Requisition Number: 150019
Position Title: DM
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Development Manager will do at BioWare:
The Development Manager leads multi-disciplinary teams through the game development lifecycle according to our production processes on their project. This position manages the project side of game development, meeting the planned schedule, defined feature set and resource constraints to deliver a high-quality game to market. This position works closely with the Sr. Development Director and project leadership, implementing the vision, scope, creative direction, feature set and quality levels defined by the project.
- Leads multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams to deliver functionality, modules or specific components of a game or post-release content module.
- Coordinates Scrum teams to meet their sprint goals, helping to lead and coordinate resources in planning and tracking their work.
- Works with the Sr. Development Director and project leadership to establish and communicate project goals, objectives, plans and milestones to the project team.
- Works with functional managers to continuously manage trade-offs between scope, resources and time during the project lifecycle to deliver on to the high quality standard expected of a BioWare game. Recommends staffing resource needs for the team.
- Documents, communicates and administers key project management processes within the project team and across the company.
- Coaches team members on effective Agile methods.
- Risk Management – Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks.
- Develops effective and achievable mitigation plans for highest risk issues.
- Responsible for the creation of project management documents including status reports, project plans, communications plans, post-mortems and compiling historical information.
- Works with the Sr. Development Director and team leadership in assessing the progress and quality of the project and the ongoing assessment and design of the bug tracking / task management system.
- Stays current and is conversant with PM industry standards – educates & shares with other Production team members. Analyzes applicability of new standards and implement when it makes sense.
- 4-5 years of project management experience (with 3-4 years in leadership role)
- Working knowledge of Agile and Waterfall project methodologies
- Education requirement University Degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience
- Able to identify and solve problems creatively without guidance.
- Effective communication skills across all levels and organizations.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment is required.
- Superior time management and organizational skills are essential.
- Excellent attention to detail is essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and a broad knowledge / familiarity with scheduling software.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills are required.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location:http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Contact: Shannon Schlothauer; firstname.lastname@example.org
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-04-30 22:43:29.713
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US