BioWare: Systems Designer- Contract
Requisition Number: 118485
Position Title: Associate Game Designer
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Systems Designer will do at BioWare Austin:
- Reports to the Creative Director and is responsible for developing and implementing gameplay, economy and progression elements into exciting and fun game experiences.
- Create design documents based off of high-level game vision and player metrics.
- Implement documentation into useable systems, features.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure features maintain a high quality in game play, art, sound, visual effects and animation.
- Implement leadership and peer-based feedback, bug fixing, and polish on your work.
Who You Are:
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in systems design and game design
- Familiarity with SWTOR game systems, particularly the Cartel Market
- Familiarity with microtransaction systems in MMO or mobile games
- Familiarity with the fantasy genre and role-playing games is a plus
- Proven ability to create and implement game systems
- Excellent documentation skills, particularly Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Systems Designer- Contract
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-03-16 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US