.Net Software Engineer
Requisition Number: 116308
Position Title: Software Engineer I
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
Reporting to the manager of software engineering with the Game Development Applications Services team, the role will offer a junior level software engineer the chance to be part of developing and maintaining software applications to support the world-wide game development process of EA. You will work as part of a development team, under the guidance of the software engineering manager and other senior level team members, to deliver timely solutions and services to teams involved in the game development. The position is a temporary, limited time contract with the possibility for extending based on performance and project needs.
What will you do at EA:
- write purposeful, readable, straightforward code with little supervision, following standards including syntax and structure, organized in a logical and reusable fashion, incorporating feedback from code reviews;
- translate in code the assigned tasks by clarifying the requirements, finding the appropriate technical solution and implementing it;
- ask timely feedback on the code written through code reviews;
- participate in the daily standup meetings, where you will proactively identify challenges and communicate status;
- provide time estimates and track time for assigned tasks and ensure deadlines are met;
- create unit test cases on sections of owned code; execute test cases and identify any code/defects fixes to be made;
- actively participate in formal and informal collaborative efforts within your own team;
- participate in the resolution of support tickets assigned to the group;
- may be assigned to off-hours on-call level 3 support for specific periods of time;
The next great EA Junior .Net Software Engineer also needs:
- 1-2 years of experience developing web applications using a range of standard Microsoft.NET technologies including C#, ASP.NET MVC, HTML 5, CSS3, WCF, REST API, jQuery, Bootstrap, Ajax;
- 1+ years of experience in database development using Microsoft SQL Server and related programming data access technologies (ADO.NET, ORMs, OData);
- very good knowledge of OOP (object oriented programming) concepts;
- good verbal and written communication in both Romanian and English is a must;
- good knowledge of technologies such as LINQ, collections, generics, exceptions, threads, packages, garbage collection, and dependency injection;
- knowledge of design patterns, performance issues and troubleshooting strategies desirable;
More about our location: https://www.facebook.com/ElectronicArtsRomania
Community / Marketing Title: .Net Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bucharest, RO