Senior Business Analyst
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 156187
Position Title: Senior Analyst
DTS Senior Business Analyst – Vancouver
EA was founded over 37 years ago. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by our goal of inspiring the world to play by developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Fueled by our talented staff across the Globe, we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
EA Studios Development Technology and Services (DTS) provides services that empower our development teams to build great games across EA. DTS Analytics team supports a wide spectrum of initiatives across DTS. The analytics function serves as a key tenet of DTS’s operating approach to ensure we all have a clear and measurable alignment of initiatives against EA studios business imperatives.
As a key member of the Analytics Team within DTS you will:
- Participate in a diverse range of projects, from operational to strategic initiatives, in response to current and future business needs
- Organize and lead requirements gathering sessions to capture business processes, user workflows, user stories, data models and current state from internal partners
- Identify, evaluate and provide recommendations on effective solutions to the stated needs
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into well-written, clear documentation and cohesive presentations
- Support the full development cycle including requirements analysis, solution design, development, implementation, testing, and deployment
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including: development, business development, marketing, finance, QA, Legal, first parties, external vendors, etc.
- Manage expectations and risks throughout a project life cycle
- Monitor and maintain projects after initial release; prioritize defects, measure and support client service impact, measure and track performance metrics and help define enhancement opportunities
- Prioritize workload and multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while keeping a positive attitude
Who You are:
- Result-oriented individual with minimum of 3 years of professional experience performing all aspects of business and enterprise level analysis
- Solid understanding in Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) processes and methodologies (e.g. agile, waterfall, interactive, etc.)
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and establish structure and coherence to business problems
- Confident and succinct communicator that can interface with stakeholders from a diverse set of backgrounds
- Highly motivated when problem solving and thinking creatively
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet evolving deadlines due to business demand
- Proven track record in completing projects and producing high quality results
- Comfortable working as part of an international team that spans across multiple time zones
The following would be considered an asset for this role:
- Professional experience in technology evaluation, assessment and roadmap development
- Previous working experience in a consulting-like environment
- Experience in creating reports and dashboards using data visualization software packages (eg. PowerBI, Tableau)
- Domain knowledge in data manipulation, processing, and reporting
- Domain knowledge in QA and software development testing principles
Domestic and international travel may be required.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Business Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-14 17:52:21.757
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA