Senior Business Analyst
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156082
Position Title: Senior Analyst
Senior Business Analyst – 12 month Contract Position – Vancouver
EA was founded over 36 years ago. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely but we are still driven by our goal to inspire the world to play by developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Fueled by our talented staff across the Globe, we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
As Business Analyst you will work closely with the QV Analytics team and cross functional stakeholder teams to ensure the successful execution of the QV Analytics Strategy. We believe that Process Improvement and Data Intelligence are force multipliers that will enable a highly effective, Data Driven QV Organization.
Data Driven organizations build and support a culture that focuses on ways to surface, analyze and ACT on data. The Business Analyst will actively engage with Quality Verification and Standards teams to identify and help drive cross-organization initiatives, including analysis, recommendations and best practices relating to our planning process as well as operational process improvement. The transformation of QV through data will lead to the delivery of great games.
As a key member of the QV Analytics Team you will participate in a diverse range of projects, from operational to strategic initiatives, in response to current and future business needs. Most of your time will be spent on discerning, defining and delivering complex and scalable analytics solutions with strategic impact to QV’s Data Driven Strategy. You will use your established skills and expertise to identify, evaluate and provide recommendations on effective solutions to the stated business needs.
The Business Analyst will:
- Engage in all aspects of process improvement, system, or function delivery to the business
- Collaborate with EA internal and external stakeholders including: development teams, technology teams, business teams, marketing teams, QA teams, Legal, first parties, vendors, etc.
- Organize and lead requirements gathering sessions to capture business processes, user workflows, user stories, data models and current state scenarios from a variety of internal partners
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into well-written, clear documentation and cohesive presentations
- Manage expectations and risks throughout a project life cycle
- Monitor and maintain projects after initial release; prioritize defects, measure and support client service impact, measure and track performance metrics and help define enhancement opportunities
- Prioritize workload and multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced, constantly-evolving environment while keeping a positive attitude
Required Work Experience and Skills:
- Result-oriented individual with 4-6 years of practical experience performing all aspects of business and enterprise level analysis
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and establish structure and coherence to business problems
- Effective facilitator and who can read between the lines
- Have exceptional organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Networking and relationship building is your natural way of working
- Highly motivated when problem solving and thinking creatively
- Have a proven track record of completing projects and producing results
- Comfortable working as part of an international team that spans across multiple time zones
- Understand Agile software development methodology and data processing principles
International travel may be required.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Business Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-17 16:52:59.41
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.