Manager, Analytics - Business Operations
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 156021
Position Title: Manager, Analytics
Manager, Analytics - Business Operations
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe 24/7 with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games and delivering a flawless player experience is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, resourceful and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
We are a group of Business Analysts, Data Analysts, and Engineers who collaborate with multiple teams to provide insight about our online services that enhance the game experience. We support a multi-billion-dollar video game ecosystem and various non-development business units within EA – our portfolio is wide. Our environments are continuously challenged by marketing promotions, game launches, and security threats. We are passionate about automation and ensuring high standards.
Who You Are
- A self-starter with a considerable breadth of analytical knowledge and the ability to dig deep when necessary
- Someone who communicates well with people across dozens of teams and practices
- A consummate problem solver
Who We Are
We are a multidisciplinary team of analysts supporting our live services and the developers who create them. As analysts our role covers the entire lifecycle of a product, from helping the developers with initial scenario planning to end of life. We focus heavily on automation and continuous integration/delivery, ensuring that everything we deliver is robust, efficient, and supportable.
Our responsibilities include
- Help shape the future analytics platform by partnering with internal technology groups to define analyst requirements
- Provide strategic insights and recommendations to optimize current and future products
- Responsible for day-to-day management of analyst deliverables, including capacity planning and analysis best practices such as peer reviews, problem solving methodology, and archiving
- Partner with leadership to define and prioritize highest value work for the business
- Manage, mentor, and hire other analysts
- Exercise judgment of appropriate methodology use for simple and complex problems
- Manage monthly internal chargeback process
The systems we support are incredibly diverse, produced by dozens of teams from around the world. Accordingly, the ideal candidate will have a diverse skill set and always be eager to expand it. More importantly, they will be able to apply their conceptual understanding to new technologies and tools rapidly. Being a self-starter and having a personal dedication to continuous learning is key. The below is a representative but non-exhaustive list of the skills we are looking for in a successful candidate.
- Leading a multi-function analytics team across multiple products working with product managers
- Ability to coach analytics talent to develop his or her skillset
- Experience working with Infrastructure metrics, including cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) billing and usage systems
- Experience with SQL: including extensive experience querying large, complex data sets
- Familiarity with a data visualization software package, e.g., Looker
- Familiarity with Python a plus
- Familiarity with a managed data repository e.g. BigQuery
- Experience managing a team with multiple locations is a plus
- Proven ability to work in a changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects
- A. or B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, and/or Engineering Sciences – Master’s Degree a plus
What's in it for you? Glad you Asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Analytics - Business Operations
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-05-30 19:10:11.897
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US