Business Analyst Game Health
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 155874
Position Title: Staff Analyst
Sports Analytics – Game Health
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join the Game Health team, focusing on EA Sports titles. This individual will be based in the EA Vancouver campus, working closely with the development, ops, and Live Teams, as well as Global Analytics and Insights team members around the world. The right candidate will be able to drive decision-making insights related to connectivity and the health of the gaming experience in FIFA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Support game development and operations for Game Health through fact-based data-driven insights and analysis.
- Become subject matter expert in online connectivity and data transfer in real time gaming, including cloud.
- Define and evaluate key performance indicators for online health of our FIFA products and set player level objectives to optimize the experience.
- Root cause investigations, and delivery of action based recommendations to development teams.
- Partner with BI and reporting teams to develop requirements for dashboards, data cubes, and reports for stakeholders.
- Define segmentation groupings and build propensity models that predict churn, engagement, and other user behaviors.
- Teach power users how to optimize the use of dashboards and data cubes.
- Work with key stakeholders to implement the right tracking/telemetry in our Sports titles, in an iterative way so that our knowledge continues to evolve.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years of relevant hands on experience, preferably in gaming, banking, consulting, telecom or retail.
- Experience in online connectivity, knowledge of key data transfer and infrastructure concepts. Experience in cloud preferred (music, web, video, other).
- Advanced SQL skills: including extensive experience querying large, complex data sets.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with a data visualization software package, e.g., Tableau.
- Familiarity with a statistical software package and language, e.g. Python or R.
- Good knowledge of Excel including macros, pivot tables, vlookups, charts and graphs.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Team player and self-starter with the ability to liaise with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- A. or B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, and/or Engineering Sciences .
- Passion for videogames is preferred .
- Passion for sports a plus.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst Game Health
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-04 18:49:35.34
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA