Anti-Cheat Program Manager (Apex Legends)
Location: Chatsworth, California US
Requisition Number: 155634
Position Title: Program Manager III
We’re looking for a highly skilled Anti-Cheat Program Manager for our Apex Legends game. As the anti-cheat champion you will help drive various security initiatives and keep our games fun for players through defense against cheaters, hackers, exploiters, and any and all troublemakers. If you're interested in creatively building our defensive walls against cheaters, this may be the job for you.
What’s it like to be a Anti-Cheat Program Manager at Respawn?
- Day to Day - As the Anti-Cheat Program Manager you will be responsible for developing and executing on security strategies that will identify, report, and resolve issues with exploits, cheats, spammers (cheat sellers), abusive players, and generally bad actors while ensuring minimum risk to the rest of the community. You will work in close collaboration with game, platform, and security teams to determine feasible strategies and priorities. As part of your program management responsibilities, you will set and track appropriate KPIs while partnering with the engineering team. You will collaborate with other stakeholders to conduct risk analysis and prioritization. You’ll conduct postmortems and take measures to make improvements. You will communicate regularly with internal teams, external partners, and community team about progress, ie; ‘the ongoing fight.’ You will also have the opportunity to help build a dedicated studio anti-cheat team from the ground up.
- Collaboration - Teamwork is key to our success and in this role you will work closely with other departments - both within Respawn as well as central groups within EA. Teams that you will partner with include the Apex Legends game development team, ops, platform, security, competitive gaming, data analysts and ML, customer service, and community teams. Your experience and judgement will come into play while providing your insight and recommendations to both internal and external partners - channeling the voice and values of Respawn while working on common goals. You will also provide valuable input that will help developers mitigate bad actor risk/impact in the design of their features.
- Ownership - We believe that when talented people have creative freedom, ownership over their work, and collaboration they will make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. As the Anti-Cheat Program Manager you will help establish a new and important function within our team. As such, you will have the opportunity to proactively help shape your own role as well as develop strategies, best practices, process/pipeline, and generally help develop the best anti-cheat methodologies possible. As the part of a small team you will have the opportunity to shine here.
- Values - We value our players and want them to have the best gaming experience possible, and we believe that anti-cheat security measures will help keep our games fun for the people who are playing the game as intended, with honesty and integrity. We look for candidates who love games, have respect and empathy for our players, and will put their time and passion into what will have the biggest payoff for our community.
- Growth - At Respawn we believe that all of our team members are on a path of professional development, and making progress in that journey is a key component of happiness and satisfaction in one’s work. Our team members are encouraged to follow their career interests while also challenging themselves. To facilitate this, our leads work with each team member to identify areas of strength, as well as areas of desired development, and whenever possible, assign tasks and projects which will inspire the team member to grow in skill, knowledge, and capability.
What do we look for in Anti-Cheat Program Manager candidates?
- Sensibilities and Insight - The role of program manager is dynamic and multi-faceted, requiring strong communication skills, great customer service, a solid ability to prioritize tasks, balance multiple deadlines, and have knowledge of how to excel while working with a multitude of internal clients. You will have the opportunity to have a direct impact on the quality of our game, and as such we look for candidates who have sensible judgement and excellent security best practices, as well as great insight and expertise that will help us develop the best anti-cheat strategies possible.
- You’ve Done Stuff You Are Proud Of - We are excited to learn more about your achievements and contributions on other projects. We want to hear how you moved the needle and about the moments when you were able to best leverage your strengths. The ideal candidate will have relevant examples of experiences they’ve had, including successes and failures, that have helped develop their expertise and that will help guide both the candidate and our team towards success in our anti-cheat efforts.
- Passion - We look for candidates who are highly passionate. Our team is constantly sharing inspiration and working to raise the quality bar. No one is phoning it in here – our team members love what they do and it shows in their work.
- Potential Over Experience – We value talent over years of experience. Experience counts, but potential is important too. We look for talented, highly motivated people with a strong sensibilities and the ability to get stuff done in a smart way.
- Teamplayer – Positivity and a great attitude help to fuel greatness. The ability to accept feedback and critiques will help you tailor your efforts towards what’s best for the game. Making games is a group effort and you will work closely with other talented departments that are experts in what they do. Teamwork is very important to our success.
Ideally, you also will have...
BSC, IT degree, or other equivalent qualification.
Knowledge of client-server network architecture for real-time games.
Extensive project management & implementation experience and collaborating with various business stakeholders globally.
Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, interpersonal, conflict resolution, customer service skills, and a strong sense of accountability.
Excellent leadership/management skills with the ability to multi-task delegate and prioritize tasks.
Proven ability to evaluate, communicate and manage risk.
Ability to get work done from others with a positive approach.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
Community / Marketing Title: Anti-Cheat Program Manager (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-05-04 00:18:14.843
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Los Angeles - Chatsworth
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chatsworth, California US