Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 155420
Position Title: Acquisition Assistant
EA’s Vancouver-based Motion Capture Studio serves the motion capture needs for all of EAs game development teams world-wide. In our state-of-the-art studio we capture a wide spectrum of data types – 3D scanning, virtual cinematography, motion capture to name just a few. As a member of the Acquisition Team, you are supporting the various development teams to create content for EA’s products through live production. This entry level position is ideal for those with an eagerness to learn and an enthusiasm to grow in an aspect of motion capture and game development.
- Support the Motion Capture team with daily high-paced production, shoot prep and general studio/stage maintenance
- Operation of proprietary software tools related to the acquistion systems.
- Assist with construction of the physical sets and props from 3D models
- Take direction from motion capture lead, relating to session prep and production wrap
- Display initiative and the ability to respond quickly to rapidly changing situations in high paced environments
- Maintain the studio and system smoothly and efficiently to allow the Acquisition Team to meet tight production schedules.
- Anticipate, identify and fullfill tasks as they arise, by taking initiative – with little direction.
- Displays professionalism and customer skills through a positive and helpful attitude.
Strong candidates posess:
- Production experience in related entertainment industry: video games, film, TV, theater
- Working knowledge in areas pertaining to digital cinema cameras and support systems, lenses, Stedicam or transmitting equipment
- Understanding of video and photography equipment and signal flow and an interest in learning a new use case for the equipment.
- Desire to be part of fast paced environment with a great team
- Set Etiquette training and/or experience
- Comfortable using tools and heavy machinery
- Experience with digital asset management and various file types
- OFA Lv1
- Aerial lift certiffciation
- Forklift certification
- Maya and/or Motion builder experience an asset but not required
- Set construction or set carpentry experience
Community / Marketing Title: Acquisition Assistant
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-17 18:59:17.937
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.