Art Director, Marcom Strategy
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 155052
Position Title: Sr Art Director, Creative
Art Director, Marcom Design Team - EA Vancouver
EA’s Global Creative Design Team’s mission is to ignite the imaginations of players through world-class design strategy and craftsmanship. We are a multidisciplinary creative team responsible for branding and visual identity, graphic design, digital media design, and motion graphics.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Art Director is responsible for the strategic and hands-on development of visual brand identities, design systems, and digital / print channel executions in support of our franchise marketing campaigns which span across the full product life cycle.
Based in the EA Vancouver studio but reporting into EA Redwood Shores, you will partner with Game Studio Art Directors, Global Brand Management, and the Marketing Communications Group to ensure all design represents our games, resonates with our audiences, and unifies the player experience across all marketing campaign touchpoints. Your focus will be on the FIFA, UFC, PVZ, and NHL franchises, as well as their Ultimate Team and Mobile divisions.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of successfully building globally recognized brands in organizations that expect nothing less than A+ work. Additionally, this candidate must thrive in a collaborative environment, adapt well to a constantly evolving industry, possess practical knowledge of brand and digital design, and generally carry positive energy that benefits the greater team.
- Concept and create world-class design systems for brands and titles that support all marketing and promotional campaigns inclusive of print, digital, motion, and environmental. Design Systems include key art, logos, typography, color, graphic elements, and motion-based solutions.
- Oversee and participate in execution of channel content across owned and paid channels including web, retail, social, digital media, email, and events.
- Partner with game team art directors to create work that unifies the marketing strategy and game vision.
- Inspire, lead, and direct individual designers in the creative development of specific design system and channel executions.
- Present work and build alignment around design direction and execution with key stakeholders and partners.
- Create rules and guidance for each title’s brand style guide, brief partner teams on these rules, ensure consistency and quality benchmarks are met in execution.
- Work in a hands-on environment that requires flexibility, imagination, a can-do attitude, a sense of fun, and the desire to learn and grow.
- Ability to interpret creative feedback and data into iterative design. A multi-revision process is often part of our work.
- Understand the importance of aligning the overall campaign narrative into every player touchpoint.
- Assist in the creation and execution of internal EA initiatives.
Skills and experience:
- 7+ years of experience at a design agency and/or in-house design team. This is a design centric position, not
- Proven experience in designing for global brands in digital, print, and environmental channels with a track record of delivering robust visual design systems.
- Ability to develop ideas from concept to execution utilizing your vast knowledge of strategic branding, retail environments, paid and owned marketing channels.
- Possess solid communication skills – must be able to provide clear direction to design teams and to sell through concepts and executions both visually and verbally to individuals at all levels of the company.
- Excellent design, typography, and layout skills.
- Be creative and bring a fresh perspective while working within the brand and project parameters.
- Experience with 3D modeling, illustration, motion, and photoshoot direction is a plus.
- Able to translate a large branding idea to multiple touch points in all channels.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, with excellent time management skills and a strong work ethic.
- Must be comfortable making changes to work based upon layered feedback.
- Advanced skills in Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Understanding of After Effects, Keynote, PPT, HTML5, 3D Modeling software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Passion for design and games!
BFA in Graphic Design.
Additional experience in related fields a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Art Director, Marcom Strategy
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-26 02:23:48.457
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA