Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 154426
Position Title: Supervisor, Accounting
Accounting Supervisor, India
Electronic Arts Games India Pvt. Ltd, Hyderabad
Introduction to EA & India Operations: Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. Revenues are close to US$5 Billion with more than 8,000 employees in 26 different countries.
EA India office in Hyderabad supports game development activities for mobile gaming, console, online and free to play casual game website – pogo.com. Corporate operates shared services centers for IT which provides networks & applications support whereas Finance performs procure to pay, accounts receivables, revenue accounting, General Ledger accounting, procurement support, payroll & FP&A functions.
Introduction to the role: The Accounting Supervisor will lead the accounting operations for EA India based in Hyderabad with direct line reporting to Manager – Finance. The successful candidate will have ownership for ensuring EA meets all accounting (US & India GAAP), direct & indirect taxes, legal & regulatory compliance, internal & external audit, management reporting, period end close, general accounting including intercompany, accounts payable & payroll services.
In addition, the Accounts Manager is required to implement and monitor global policies as mandated by corporate within the India entity and as required by Companies Act and Tax Laws. Ensure adherence to EA’s global practices and local statute with respect to general accounting practices (allocations, recharges), procurement, accounts payables and T&E, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Supervise India accounting team to maintain accurate general ledger and subsidiary ledgers, review reconciliations, fixed assets register, journal entries and adjustments in India books maintained in Oracle.
- Should have hands on experience in preparing and reviewing Indian GAAP Financials, able to apply accounting standards and interpret new accounting guidelines issued. Able to understand the key FASB standards and able to perform necessary adjustments in the books.
- Calculate periodic BU wise cost allocations; Confirm inter-company transactions with associated entities.
- Review books of accounts, financial statements on periodic basis and present management reports to India Leadership, internal & external auditors. Analyze key variance and provide commentary for the same.
- Coordinate with both internal and external audits and adjust US GAAP applied book following local GAAP. Ensure audit completion and maintain high quality of results.
- Implement and maintain internal control within accounting as well as work with other corporate functions like HR, Facilities, IT, etc. to ensure their processes that provide input to accounting processes are operating within defined controls.
- Liaise with tax consultant for corporate tax, GST, duties, STPI and with-holding tax filings. Provide information and supporting documents to tax authority and reduce tax risk at a minimum level.
- Work with corporate tax and transfer pricing teams and their appointed advisors on tax planning and solving outstanding tax issues. Participate in periodic transfer pricing reviews & analysis.
- Annual Budgeting & Actual Reporting – support India business units, department finance business partners & support functions with annual budgeting exercise, budget versus actual reporting and analysis.
- Maintain healthy cash flow for local operations. Ensure the accurate, timeliness and cost effectiveness of transaction processing, reporting and forecasting.
- Banking operations – review payment requests and authorize payment transactions. Ensure bank reconciliations are performed periodically and accurately.
- Build strong relationship with department heads in operations, facilities, HR & IT to ensure positive assistance on resolving accounting issues.
- Policy and Procedures – Ensure adherence to global policies issued by corporate controller on purchasing, accounts payable, travel & entertainment expenses, corporate cards. Ensure business partners follow processes and procedures that are in line with policies, accounting standards.
- Should have demonstrated experience in preparing the India GAAP and US GAAP P&L and balance sheet walkthroughs with detailed analysis of variance along with the commentary. Participate in regular balance sheet reviews with corporate and regional controllers
- Should have demonstrated experience in preparing budgets, financial reporting, dashboards, and perform variance analysis.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of Oracle EBS R12, Reporting using Hyperion Financial Management or Cognos.
- Should have demonstrated experience of India compensation & benefits, payroll processing, employee taxation.
Job Requirements –
- Qualified Chartered Accountant preferred however semi-qualified accountant with strong track record of managing finance & accounting function of Indian subsidiary of US MNC are welcome to apply.
- Must have minimum 5 years of related experience working in an Indian subsidiary of large MNC in areas of financial transaction processing, accounting, reporting & analysis with minimum 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Working knowledge of R12 (Primary and Secondary Ledger Flows), Hyperion, and MS Office application suite specifically MS Excel.
- Working knowledge of India & US GAAP, Companies Act, Internal Financial Controls, Local Auditing, Direct & Indirect Tax, and Statutory & Legal Compliance Requirements. International Standards – SOX, IFRS, General Ledger & Sub-Ledgers – Purchasing, Accounts Payable including T&E, ICO Netting & Settlements.
- Outgoing personality with excellent verbal & written English communication skills, commitment to achieving results.
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours given the global nature of EA’s business
Capabilities & Talents
- Demonstrates global business mindset. Ability to work with people across cultures and time zones.
- Prioritize work and independently meet multiple deadlines, elevating issues to supervisor whenever required.
- Operate with high integrity and controllership mindset.
- Effective time management, work prioritization and delegation skills.
- Ability to be flexible as a member of multiple teams and comfortably across functional areas as well as amongst all levels of management.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills. Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision, demonstrates initiative, flexibility, teamwork, perseverance, maturity under pressure, and anticipates and resolves problems before they develop.
- Manager – Finance
Community / Marketing Title: Accounting Supervisor
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-05 09:28:59.593
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN