Applications Engineer II
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 154405
Position Title: Applications Engineer II
Role: Sr Software Engineer
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
If you like solving problems, get the job done as a team player and are self-starter this could be a great opportunity for you.
What would I be doing:
- Develop and build, sleek and fast loading modern UI applications.
- Develop functional prototypes from wireframes and mockups, and create proper documentation
- Work with stakeholders to understand and document software requirements, and ensure application UI meets functional requirements
- Develop and optimize front-end UI functionality to ensure web applications are rendered consistently in cross-browser environment.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and software engineers to refine and improve the user experience.
- Work closely with a team of engineers in an agile development environment to create full, working, enterprise-scale web service application prototypes
- Partner with peers in software engineering to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to world class products and services
- Follow industry trends with regard to front-end technologies and techniques
- Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement.
- A problem solver and a hands-on person leading the team from the front and finding solutions using technology and logical thinking.
The next great EA UI developer also needs:
- 8+ years of demonstrable experience building world-class, consumer web application interfaces
- Good backend experience in Node.js or PhP or Spring framework
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser and cross device compatibility.
- Experience working on Single Page Applications.
- Experience working with frontend unit testing using Jasmine or other frameworks.
- Strong ability to take mockups and create high-performance web pages that meet design and technical specifications
- In-depth understanding of common web application UI issues and challenges, web UI best practices and emerging trends and technologies
- Understanding of modern UI concepts including Web Components.
- Experience with node.js ins preferred
- Some experience with AWS and cloud in general is preferred.
- Some understanding and experience of full stack including backend and databases.
- Good understanding of web technologies (HTTP, Apache, Nginx) and familiarity with Windows/Unix/Linux
- Experience working on teams and/or open source projects
- Firm grasp of framework URL based routing principles
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Passion for user experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with custom application development and agile SDLC
- Great organizational skills, and an attention to detail, consistency, and simplicity
- Logical team-player, with excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively on multiple projects under a tight schedule
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Continuous and fast learner willing to learn and help wherever the help is required to complete the job.
- Experience in Development, Support, Maintenance, and Enhancement projects
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills with debugging and code optimization skills.
- Sense of humor
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Applications Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-25 04:42:34.39
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN