Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 153786
Position Title: Art Director 1
Role: Art Director
We’re EA - developers of world-renowned games such as —Madden NFL, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield, Star Wars and Plants vs Zombies. We are committed to creating games for every platform—from PC to Console to Mobile. We pride ourselves in delivering engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
Slingshot games, a division of Electronic Arts India, is one of EA Mobile’s valued studios and is home to some of the most talented teams comprising of Design, Art, Engineering, Production, Product Management, Analytics and Community & Marketing individuals.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile’s center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market. Here are the values we truly believe in:
Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
Ownership – get things done
Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
Alchemy – create magic in everything you do
If you have the passion and experience of directing a large talented team of 3D artists (characters, environments, animators), we'd love to hear from you and explore opportunities for an Art Director position we have in our studio!
Your job will be to direct a team of artists to bring characters and beautifully crafted worlds to life! You will work very closely with the Product Owner, Creative Director, Product Managers and Game Designers where both your creativity and technical skills will help shape and improve our game.
As a confident art leader, who coaches your team towards excellence, you will have a thorough knowledge of what good art looks like and can drive your vision forward.
This is what we expect you to do:
- Work on the development of a visual style, design and overall look of a 3D Game
- Direct a team of talented individuals to create beautiful characters, assets and environments
- Help develop visual concepts and ideas
- Support the vision of the game design team while taking into account the business aspects of art production, timelines and quality
- Very competent at existing tools for a 3D game and hungry enough to learn new techniques and teach them to the team
- Mobile centric thought process in everything you create or help create. Working with engineering teams to push the boundary as needed.
- Mentor a group of talented artists and liaise with other discipline leaders to provide leadership to the overall team
- Present your ideas in a crisp and very digestible format
- Provide high quality feedback and mentorship in order to grow other members of the art team
- Sustain and grow a culture of inclusiveness, collaboration and great team work
You will fit the role if you are able to tick all the boxes below:
- You have worked on and shipped at least a handful of mobile games with 4-5 years of experience in art direction
- Your expertise is 3D at the same time you are equally at home with 2D and UI
- Expertise in 3D art creation tools: 3Ds Max/Maya, ZBrush, Blender and 2D Tools: Photoshop and Illustrator
- Great at communication – both written and verbal
- Ability to inspire and lead!
- Ability to think like a hungry game developer looking for a win
- Ability to navigate through complex planning processes and workflows
- Some knowledge and comfort with using project planning and version management systems such as Jira, Perforce, etc.
- Ability to provide and take constructive feedback
- Experience leading teams with people from various art sub disciplines such as modelling, animation, rigging, texturing, VFX and UI
Community / Marketing Title: Art Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-14 04:37:36.82
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN