Location: Orlando, Florida US
Requisition Number: 153474
Position Title: Contingent
As a content writer for EA Sports, your primary focus will be delivering best in class writing for one of the industry’s top sports games. Your words and ideas will be seen (and played!) by millions of fans and will help shape an unforgettable interactive experience.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- You must maintain the tonal consistency that is authentic to the culture of the sport and within the boundaries of the game’s creative vision.
- You will frequently collaborate with many subject matter experts in game development, including designers, artists, producers, project managers, audio engineers, UI talent, technical designers, programmers, and other writers.
- At least two years of professional experience writing about sports, either as journalist, blogger, or writer for sports entertainment or news.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of basketball (professional, college, and streetball) and its cultural trends.
- You will be writing for various kinds of fictional media in high volume. Therefore, you should have experience in writing: social media content, television scripts (A/V style and traditional), brief news articles, and UI text
- Knowledge and awareness of trends in Basketball, both on the court and in the culture around the game
- Experience writing for an interactive medium is a huge plus.
- Sports gaming experience desired, but not required
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and hit deadlines consistently
- Must feel comfortable writing in spreadsheets (Excel) and other productivity tools.
Not located in Central Florida? That’s ok! We’re open to working with you remotely for this role. When applying, if you could please provide a link to your portfolio or works online. Additionally, you may be asked to take a writing test.
Community / Marketing Title: Content Writer-contract
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-07 22:32:59.207
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US