Advanced UX Researcher
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 153395
Position Title: Advanced Researcher
Advanced UX Researcher
Location: Redwood City, CA
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
We are looking for user researchers who love to play games, particularly on their phones. You not only love to play, but you also have a passion for understanding and improving the gaming experience. You are driven and excited to be part of highly skilled and advanced team shaping the future of EA games on mobile devices. Apply your passion for research and digital entertainment to the development of fun and innovative user experiences. Plan and conduct strategic research to help broaden the appeal of EA’s entertainment products, and work closely with design and production teams to integrate usability and user research into the development process.
- Plan and conduct user research activities for multiple EA products across multiple platforms (mobile, PC, console), with emphasis on Mobile gaming.
- Gather and analyze actionable data from a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods (interviews, lab studies, heuristic evaluations, surveys, telemetry, etc.)
- Work closely with game teams and studio leadership to understand franchise goals and strategies
- Effectively communicate research results to multiple levels of the organization in creative ways that drive impact, while providing recommendations and ongoing design consultation
- Develop long-term user research plans and schedules for EA’s titles
- Create new methodologies that will pertain to each product’s unique gameplay and sensibility while maintaining research rigor and process
- Contribute to the development and refinement of team-wide research processes
- Partner across organizational and regional teams with a variety of disciplines (researchers, designers, product planners, market researchers, producers, etc.) to generate insights which deeply impact the trajectory of their product work
Qualifications & Skills:
- Candidates should have an advanced degree in experimental psychology (experimental, social, cognitive, etc.), human computer interaction, human factors, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years’ industry experience in research design and conducting user research studies across platforms, with emphasis on Mobile research.
- Expertise in research design, fluent in a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methodologies throughout the product development lifecycle (e.g. field studies, interviewing, contextual inquiry, questionnaire development and survey research, usability studies, competitive benchmarking, etc.) and can quickly and effectively analyze and present data to influence product design and implementation.
- Experience in information design, game development and design principles, or consumer or entertainment software industry highly desirable.
- Experience working with Agile development highly desirable.
- Ability to assimilate new ideas and information quickly, to successfully recommend actions using objective data, and influence the actions taken based on that data
- Experience with statistical packages (such as SPSS or R) highly desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, persuasiveness, and the ability to make group presentations
- Ability to work independently and execute on directives with little direct oversight
- A thought leader for the organization in games user research and user experience
- Ability to maintain balance between solid “pragmatism” and “scientific rigor” to meet the needs of a changing business
- Ability to travel as required. (Estimated travel of 1 week per quarter.)
Community / Marketing Title: Advanced UX Researcher
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-30 03:46:18.483
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US