Location: Seoul, KR
Requisition Number: 152120
Position Title: Senior Accountant I
(Based in Seoul, Korea)
Entertaining is our passion. EA was founded over 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
The Senior Accountant will be part of the Asia Controllership team, reporting to the Financial Controller at Korea. This role has three major areas of responsibilities: (a) Month end close activities, (b) Ownership of internal tax reporting and statutory tax filings and (c) Review on the company’s expenses for the compliance. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, and year-end audit preparation. The Senor Accountant will have contact with senior-level employees from Korea and the Region, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ensure the application and documentation of US GAAP and Korea GAAP/IFRS financial policies and procedures and implement changes and improvements when necessary.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Support the Controller to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Work with the Korea Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Support the Controller to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Communicate with the inter-companies to reconcile ICO transactions.
- Review the employees’ expense reports and purchase orders for the compliance.
- Communications with the offshore shared service team
- Take care of cash management including review on the weekly payments
- Financial training to functions
- Prepare VAT, WHT and corporate income tax filings.
- Update and manage the transfer-pricing model, as directed by the Korea Controller.
- Provide an internal tax package for the consolidation purpose.
- Create and update the revenue schedule and JEs by customer based on the transactions.
- Perform other duties as required by the direct manager.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration is required
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in general accounting or related field
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Business standard oral and written English
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task with effective organizational skills
- Self-motivated team player with an ability to demonstrate initiative in problem solving
- Oracle knowledge preferred
- CPA certification mandatory
Position reports to the Korean Controlling Manager
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Accountant
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-08-23 05:29:33.11
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seoul, KR