AI Designer/Scripter - Plants vs. Zombies
Requisition Number: 151771
Position Title: Game Designer II
WE WANT YOUR BRAINS… PopCap Vancouver is on the hunt for bright, talented, people with a passion for making the world’s best games. What’s in it for you? A super-fun environment, rewarding work, excellent benefits, and lots of great perks. It takes big, delicious brains to make award-wining titles like Plants vs. Zombies. Are you up for the challenge?
We are currently seeking an AI Designer/Scripter to help us create engaging experiences for an upcoming shooter. The successful applicant will work with the AI and design team to prototype and implement core AI characters and behaviors.
What you will do:
Work with the AI engineers to create AI behaviors using behavior trees that meet the requirements for both single player and multiplayer experiences
- Use internal development tools to prototype and build scenarios that showcase our characters
- Balance and tune gameplay based on focus testing, metrics, and any other feedback
- Work in partnership with other designers to build out the core game modes
- Assist in creation and maintenance of design documentation
- Be a point of knowledge for the rest of the team, and where applicable, work with them to drive features to completion
- Receive and provide critiques in a constructive manner with suggestions and solutions for improvement
- Previous experience in level design is a huge +
Who you are:
- Scripting experience (Bonus points for visual scripting such as Unreal Kismet)
- Behavior Tree experience a plus
- Previous experience designing and building gameplay features
- Experience with game editors such as Unity/Unreal Engine/Radiant/Hammer
- Able to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts using various tools and technologies
- Creatively, analytically and organizationally skilled with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout the game life cycle
- Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions
- Remain current on industry trends including: new game genres, new game design methods and emerging platforms
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Cannot be a plant or a zombie
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: AI Designer/Scripter - Plants vs. Zombies
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-07-26 05:35:01.06
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burnaby, British Columbia CA