Requisition Number: 151319
Position Title: Concept Artist 1
EA's Global Creative, Design Team's mission is to ignite the imaginations of players through world-class design strategy and craftsmanship. We are a multidisciplinary creative team responsible for branding and visual identity, graphic design, digital media design, and motion graphics.
Reporting to the Art Director and based in EA Redwood Shores California, the 3D Artist collaborates with our internal design team and game studio artists to create 3D art and assets that support our franchise marketing campaigns across a variety of channel executions.
Our ideal candidate is a versatile artist who has experience in 3D character and environment modeling with ability to work with existing 3D assets, to composite, pose, light, render, and finish for with a variety of art styles. Additionally, this candidate must thrive in a collaborative environment, adapt well to a constantly evolving industry, and possess practical knowledge of 3D and digital design.
- Collaborate with the Art Director, Brand Designer, and Concept Artist to create and iterate on 3D art for a variety of EA titles.
- Contribute to the visual development of key art and paid media assets with a 3D technical point of view to help dictate feasibility.
- Model high and low poly assets, which include characters and environments, for use in design deliverables supporting marketing campaigns.
- Composite and finish 2D and 3D image assets.
- Collaborate closely with producers in day-to-day project management.
- Maintain and organize final art assets.
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant experience working on mobile game titles, AAA game titles, equivalent film projects, or equivalent.
- Experience in texturing, modeling and maintaining final assets.
- Experience in translating concepts to execution.
- Ability to deliver high quality assets under tight timelines.
- Ability to execute quality output that meets both technical and design requirements.
- Strong fundamental 3D and design skills, including posing, lighting, composition and color theory.
- A strong ability to think in 2D and 3D.
- Ability to articulate creative ideas to peers and leadership.
- Paint over low poly mobile assets to create compelling art.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, with excellent time management skills and a strong work ethic.
- Must be comfortable making changes to work based upon layered feedback.
- Expert skills with 3D modeling tools including Maya, ZBrush, Cinema 4D, Unity.
- Detail oriented and organization skills is a MUST.
- Experience in the mobile game industry a plus.
- Passion for design and games!
BFA from four year college/university or comparable work experience.
Community / Marketing Title: 3D Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-06-29 23:06:49.8
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US