Analyst - EA Compliance & Certification
Location: Madrid, ES
Requisition Number: 150926
Position Title: Quality Analyst II
Main Purpose of the Role
The main purpose of the Analyst role is to develop and direct technical compliance testing procedures for the assigned console manufacturer and project, working with key stakeholders to ensure that all EA products meet the necessary internal and 1st party requirements before release. They will take a leadership position in establishing and communicating risk assessments and best-practice in relation to compliance issues and associated procedures. Analysts are also responsible for delivering defined testing procedures, conducting documentation reviews and delivering software testing expertise and answering queries from game teams.
They will create test cases, forecast testing efforts, review concerns, analyse relevant data and monitor overall testing progress of area of expertise on all titles in alignment with the overall test strategy, think outside the box and come up with new testing solutions, methodologies and tools.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain high level understanding of all internal and 1st party requirements relating to the hardware platform(s); monitor 1st party developer sites and other information sources relating to the specified game platform(s) to ensure test cases employed comply with 1st party and EA standards.
- Support project owners in coordinating and disseminating daily testing tasks within the test team and provide updates on testing progress.
- Create, maintain and publish relevant 1st Party documentation and best practices, as well as internal tools and processes within EA.
- Leverage new technologies, seek for automation solutions and assist with ROI for possible implementation.
- Work closely with EACC Data Analyst to find data driven solutions. Strive for further efficiencies and success rate supported by available data. Look for innovative new data tracking to support evolution of EACC testing.
- Gain a suitable understanding of the titles/genre assigned to and analyze game designs to provide feedback and risk assessment on how to make game features compliant to relevant governing bodies.
- Test case creation from game/ feature design documentation, genre and platform expertise.
- Collaborate with QA PO Team to ensure alignment over the global testing strategy.
- Receive priorities from Project Managers and Project Leads and help disseminate/clarify technical information within the testing team.
- Review concerns reported and provide issue severity assessment, publish/respond to issues where required.
- Use necessary game experience and technical expertise to conduct hands-on testing during the entire development cycle, perform test case regression, verification, and assist in ad-hoc requests as needed for both software and documentation reviews. Testing execution is required for this role.
- Conduct project post mortem, compile potential technical compliance / online improvements based on the results of the testing process. Use appropriate communication channels to publish results and best practices for future projects. Interact with studio teams as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of both day to day project execution and non-project specific tasks (e.g. EDA, FPRAT, test case maintenance, RBT systems, etc.), keeping partner-facing sites like EA Standards up-to-date with the latest first party/Origin information, and help to promote their use.
- Involved in Tester Recruitment, Training, Coaching and Support. Responsible for defining, overseeing and maintaining tester training program to ensure test excellence across all EACC test teams and locations.
- Collaborate with Senior Analyst on platform and department initiatives
- In collaboration with Site Manager, responsible for platform specific hardware forecast and purchase.
EACC is a dynamic area where there are peak periods of activity and therefore the work load and the make-up of teams vary. Therefore, it is necessary that the incumbent has past-experience of working in a team environment of constant change. This also requires a flexible approach to working hours.
Experience and Knowledge:
- 2+ years Customer Service, QA or EACC experience
- Good understanding of the Certification/Development process and 1st party requirements.
- Experience in working and communicating with external and internal partners
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively within a team, or alone when necessary.
- In-depth understanding of the technical requirements / online requirements and tools pertaining to at least one console/mobile/PC platform.
- Attention to detail and methodical working practices.
- Experience with Data Analysis. Able to interpret different data sets and make data driven decisions
- Experience with SQL/ C++/ C#
- Experience with Automation and Scripting
- Experience with Data Modeling Tools such as Power BI
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Must be willing to take responsibility for their own actions and those of the Testers assigned to them.
- Ability to work under pressure maintaining attention to detail
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Skills/qualifications in non-English languages are beneficial
- Network & Online Services: 1-2 Years of Online Testing Experience
- Ability to multi task and work autonomously
- Ability to positively influence and build relationships with the project stakeholders
- Demonstrate an ability to negotiate seeking win/win solutions.
- Ability to proactively solve project issues appropriately with a clear understanding of when there is a need to escalate
- Creative thinker
- Embrace change, react quickly and efficiently under pressure
- Exhibit professionalism and maturity, respond to facts with facts, not emotion
- Strong communication skills required.
- Training skills – ability to breakdown daily testing tasks into easy to understand pieces for beginning testers
Community / Marketing Title: Analyst - EA Compliance & Certification
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-06-08 09:33:56.41
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Madrid, ES