Requisition Number: 150690
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are looking for a talented and experienced AI Engineer to join an established, experienced team of developers working on a AAA Star Wars title in development at EA Vancouver. This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help craft the vision and execution of a compelling, innovative and immersive Star Wars experience. We are using the cutting-edge Frostbite Engine to deliver innovative AI and pushing the boundaries of player expectations.
Role: AI Engineer
An ideal candidate will have professional knowledge of core AI technologies for game development. You will have experience with pathfinding, navigation mesh generation, group tactics, planners, combat positioning, cover systems, behaviour trees, animation path following, etc. You will work closely with Senior AI Engineers to help design, architect & implement major AI systems for the product. You will work with designers to implement features, tools, and debugging workflows.
- Work with designers to understand requirements and plan out functional requirements
- Design, architect and document technical designs for AI systems
- Rapidly prototype new mechanics to prove designs and iterate on mechanics
- Design and develop new content creation tools, workflow tools and general productivity tools
- Support Designers using tools and workflows with debugging tools, documentation & usability
- Work with the Frostbite Engine and Frostbite Team to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine
- Identify bottlenecks and performance issues involving cpu time & bandwidth and optimize them
- Provide solutions that take into account multi-threading, hardware requirements, LODs
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 5+ years of games development experience
- Experience with AI features such as pathfinding, navigation mesh generation, group tactics, planners, combat positioning, cover systems, behaviour trees
- Passion for the AI field
- Strong proficiency with C++
- Experience with C# & WPF a bonus
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
- Experience with Agile development philosophies
- Experience with Unit testing frameworks a bonus
- Capable of responding to Code Review feedback and deliver quality Code Review feedback
- Knowledge of source code management: Perforce is preferred
ÂRequired Non-Technical Skills
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
- One team mentality
- Strong written communication skills
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: AI Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-05-30 20:59:27.613
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burnaby, British Columbia CA