Senior Legal Counsel, Employment
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 150237
Position Title: Attorney 3
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
We are looking for an employment attorney with 9 or more years of experience to be part of the North America Employment Legal team. You will work directly with HR business partners providing front-line and strategic support on a wide variety of employment related subjects. This position is based in Redwood City.
What an Sr Legal Counsel (Employment) does at EA:
- Provide legal advice to HR and managers on all types of employment law matters, including hiring, performance management, and termination, wage and hour rules, employee privacy, disability accommodation, harassment and discrimination, contingent workers, investigations, and related litigation.
- Collaborate with legal and business stakeholders to create, update and implement employment and other workforce related policies.
- Collaborate with legal stakeholders outside of the U.S. on global employment and other workforce related policies and practices.
- Assess business practices and initiatives involving employment or workforce related issues and third parties and implement changes where needed.
- Advise on employment or other workforce related issues arising in transactions and other corporate arrangements.
Other skills and experience:
- Practicing attorney with 8 or more years’ experience in employment law in an in-house legal department or law firm.
- Proficiency with Federal, California, and other state laws relating to employment matters.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to establish effective relationships with all levels of management.
- High integrity, well-organized, and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- JD required.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Legal Counsel, Employment
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-05-03 20:08:37.03
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US